Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upstairs Desktop has buggy display

• Please log in to reply

Lucrornimium

Lucrornimium

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My upstairs desktop is an acer model running about 4 gigs mem and Windows Vista.
The screensaver option seems to be the root of the isuue, because the computer runs fine until it runs. I only ever use the blank screen option, but when the mouse is moved and the display returns, explorer.exe has crashed and there's not much to do but turn it off.

Even when the screensaver is turned off, the energy savings on the monitor comes on and turns of the screen, and this same thing happens when it comes back.

I scanned with AVG anti-virus and it said there was a trojan, yet when I hit the quarantine button the system crashed. I uninstalled AVG and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essetials, and it doesn't detect anything, so maybe AVG worked, but I'm not sure. It still has the issue with the display cutting off.

Sort of runs a little slow but that may just be me needed to clean up my registry, if anyone knows of some good freeware.

Advertisements

Lucrornimium

Lucrornimium

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
If it would help I can post an OTL log, if needed