Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start bar keeps freezing and problems related to

• Please log in to reply

eman0n

eman0n

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i was just wondering because i didn't see anything realted to the topic. yesterday my windows icons were not responding i ctrl+alt+delete to restart after loading what seemed to be normal things happening ...all of a sudden my windows icons dissapeared and it would not load any further. i can ctrl+alt+delete to get task manager only.. any how i left to a friends to get a boot disk and when i came back my explorer icon was working but all the other icons looked like little pieces of paper and my start bar is frozen i can only access various programs by using ctrl+alt+delete...i need help :tazz: ;) ;) i ve got windows 2k pro

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would suspect malware is the cause. Work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum. :tazz:

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Can you get your computer in safe mode?

eman0n

eman0n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
same thing happends in safe mode..

eman0n

eman0n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
laso when i try and download any programs it gives me an error i feel like im just stuck the only thing i can access is the internet and various programs but downloading is out of the questions

eman0n

eman0n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i can't download the hijack program. my comp is so gone i just wanna ge tthis fixed and i don't know what to do

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Have you checked if your start bar isn't folded north, east, or west on your screen?

eman0n

eman0n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
no i can see the start bar . but i can't get get it to open and the only icon on my desktop that works is IE