Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I have Outlook and it is frozen up.
I tried to send a scan to someone as an attachment. I turned out to be a very large attatchment and it would not send.
I cannot delete the email and it is in my outbox. I now have trouble closing my Outlook and cannot recieve any emails.
Yikes...what happened??

Tim

Advertisements

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I have Outlook and it is frozen up.
I tried to send a scan to someone as an attachment. I turned out to be a very large attatchment and it would not send.
I cannot delete the email and it is in my outbox. I now have trouble closing my Outlook and cannot recieve any emails.
Yikes...what happened??

Tim

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
What I meant to say is I receive emails, but I CAN'T SEND emails.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Is there a webmail feature to that account? You could log on and delete the email in your outbox and that would take care of it. If it is an ISP email address and they don't have webmail, you can call them and ask them to do this for you. Until Outlook thinks that item in the outbox is gone, it's not going to let you send any emails from that account.

If that's not an option, delete the whole outbox. Outlook should recreate a clean one the next time you start the program.
HTH
Johanna