Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

antimalware doctor and windows 7 auto restart

• Please log in to reply

mhsbassoondude

mhsbassoondude

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
First off, sorry that I even have to post this. I know that there are tons of read this first guides, and that this virus has even been addressed before, but i cant use any of these right now.

Antimalware Doctor seems to have installed itself and in order to go through the steps to get rid of it, I need to be able to use my computer. The problem is that every time I boot it up, windows 7 starts up and says that it has encountered an error and needs to restart in 1 minute. Then explorer is not responsive for the one minute that I have and then the computer automatically shuts down. there have been a few times that explorer has responded though, and I was wondering if there was any way to just disable this autoshutdown.

If it helps any, I did use wubi to install ubuntu within windows, and that seems to be working fine and I can access all of my windows files from ubuntu. I just haven't really messed with ubuntu that much and dont really know how to do anything with it other than basic use.

Is it even worth saving? or should I just grab all of my files off it and reinstall windows. Is there any chance of this infecting my external if i choose to go this way?

thanks in advance!

Edited by mhsbassoondude, 16 August 2010 - 07:29 AM.

Advertisements