Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shortcut Icons converted into unknown icon

• Please log in to reply

viewsonicprince

viewsonicprince

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys....
Yesterday while surfing net i was installing Adobe acrobat reader plug-in in Mozilla firefox.During installation i clicked on a dialogue box which was saying with which file you want to run Adobe.exe i clicked on Mozilla firefox icon and since then all the shortcut icons of my computer such as iexplorer,vlc,winrar all were converted into mozilla links.so i uninstalled mozilla. but the problem didnt solve. All the shortcut of my pc are now as unknown format when i double click them there is a dialogue bos showing with which program you want to run and nothing happening.
I tried to reinstall mozilla but that also is not running.
Pls help me.... :) :) :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try system restore?

viewsonicprince

viewsonicprince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Did you try system restore?

I tried but it is not working... i have tried through command prompt too for the system restore but it is not working.
What to do i dont have any clue.
Please help...
And is this any virus attack so please tell me???? :) :)

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Do a 'repair install' following this tutorial http://www.sevenforu...tall.html?ltr=R

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Also...

i have tried through command prompt too for the system restore but it is not working

Explain "not working".