Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice and a compatibility check, please? :3 Thanks!

• Please log in to reply

BACKDROPsilhouette

BACKDROPsilhouette

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I may have posted this thread twice, so I'm sorry if I did!
I wanted to make an edit before I posted, but I don't know if I stopped it in time >.<

Hello all!

This is going to be my first custom-built desktop and I just want to make sure that what I have is compatible and won't cause any problems.

I did research before looking through items, but I'm not sure of myself and need somebody to double-check me!

If anyone has other advice as to what other options would work better that would be great! Also, any options that cost less would also be appreciated, though it would be nice if it didn't take away from the build as well. Then again, if any better parts are needed, I ask that they not be too much more expensive than what I have here. I don't want to spend more than I need to. Being new to this game, I don't know what is a waste of money and what overkill is, so please educate me! I don't know everything and if something is more than I need, please tell me!

Other information: I plan to use two monitors with the build, so I will most likely be using two graphics cards (or I was told that I would need two, pardon me if this is incorrect).
I'll be using either Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, or Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I already have the installation disks for the former, but I just need to make up my mind.
I may eventually game using both monitors.
For now I just plan to game on one, watch TV on the other, or game and use the other for anything else I may need to use it for. I use photoshop a lot.

Below are what I have chosen, with a link to the product description on newegg.
Thank you beforehand for your time!

Edited by BACKDROPsilhouette, 22 August 2010 - 11:45 PM.

Advertisements