Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failure of Windows to boot and win32/patched.fm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

I have analyzed the minidumps and it seems the Audio Drivers is what is causing the BSOD.

Caused By Driver : RtkHDAud.sys
Caused By Address : RtkHDAud.sys+136dc5

You can try uninstalling/reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver from the device manager and update me if that solve the BSOD. :D

Advertisements

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Ok when I went to uninstall the realtek drivers, there were none so I uninstalled any audio drivers I found. I then downloaded the latest realtek drivers on my laptop and installed them onto my pc. I was then able to start my pc into normal mode. I can only play some of my videos and device manager tells me that it can't activate the realtek drivers and that my graphics card drivers are being affected too.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT has a code 19 error due to the configuration information in the registry being incomplete or damaged.

Realtek high definition audo has a code 10 error and cannot start.

Edited by younggeeza, 29 December 2010 - 05:39 PM.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

Open your device manager and confirm if there are entries with yellow question/exclamation mark.

Please confirm if you have audio (sound from speakers)?

What do you mean that graphics drivers are being affected?

Edited by Salagubang, 29 December 2010 - 05:53 PM.

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
There were two entries with yellow exclamation marks. One was the realtek sound and the other was my graphics card. I reinstalled my graphics card drivers though and that fixed it. The realtek entry still has the exclamation mark.

There is no sound coming from my computer, just the beeps from inside my computer whenever i try to play a video. Every time i try to play a video i get an error message to do with DirectSound drivers and a beep from inside my computer. I did uninstall anything related to sound when i was looking for the realtek drivers to uninstall. I uninstalled 'audio codec', 'legacy audio' and 'microsoft winmm wdm audio compatability drivers'.

Another problem i have is that i cannot get my internet to work.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

Post the brand/model of the machine and I'll look for solutions.

Another problem i have is that i cannot get my internet to work.

Press Start >> Run then type cmd and press enter. Type in the following:

ipconfig /all >> C:\junk.txt

Post the c:\junk.txt on your next reply.

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
It's a COMPAQ Presario SR1360UK.

That command isn't producing the .txt file but a command prompt window pops up for a split second on entry of the command.

I connect to the internet using a Belkin N+ USB adapter via the N+ router which is attached to my modem. The USB adapter is detecting the various networks in the windows tool which i've not seen before but i can't get anything to register in the belkin software which i've used previously to connect to the internet.

Would it save time to use the windows CD again if the virus problem is now solved?, just to repair the audio and networking problems? It looks like everything else is working; i tried opening Fallout 3 and it said that it detected video and was setting to high quality but that the game could not start because it did not detect an audio device.

-----------

I went in to CMD and typed the command there and i got a file.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SILVER-LIGHTNIN

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless PCI 802.11b/g adapter WN4201B #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-BF-02-DC-75

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-D8-A8-A3-19

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (Network Bridge) 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : MAC Bridge Miniport

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A2-0B-95-86-82-B0

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 5:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin N+ Wireless USB Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-75-3F-6E-C9

Edited by younggeeza, 29 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

If you could you try connecting the machine via cable connection, please let me know if you're able to connect. I have a feeling certain drivers just needs reinstalling.

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I couldn't get my computer to connect directly to my modem. I've always have connectivity and networking difficulties though with the pc.

When i try and connect to my network with the windows software, i get a message telling me about the bitsize and the number of hexadecimal or asci characters i need to use.

Edited by younggeeza, 29 December 2010 - 09:46 PM.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

Does the USB adapter came with its own software? What error messages does it throw when you try to connect with it?

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Yes it comes with its own software. Normally what happens is that i'll plug the USB adapter in and then all of the available networks would come up in the software, with the signal strength etc., now however, nothing comes up in this area. However, windows is able to find the networks but i'm not allowed to connect. It's an error message about the password and how it has to be a certain length of characters and in a certain code.

It's like all of the settings are messed up in the registry or something. Do you think there is still a problem that can't be fixed with the windows CD again?

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

It's like all of the settings are messed up in the registry or something. Do you think there is still a problem that can't be fixed with the windows CD again?

Unless you were interrupted when you performed the repair install, I think we're past that solution.

I'll consult with an expert regarding our internet problem and will post the instructions re the audio problem later upon approval. I apologize for the delay. :D

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
The first time i attempted the repair install i was interrupted by the graphics drivers installation during which i got a BSOD. It however worked the 2nd time around. Could that have caused any problems?

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts

The first time i attempted the repair install i was interrupted by the graphics drivers installation during which i got a BSOD. It however worked the 2nd time around. Could that have caused any problems?

Yes, among others.

younggeeza

younggeeza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Okies, waiting for your next move.

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi younggeeza,

Uninstall the sound drivers in the Device Manager
  • Right-Click "My Computer" on the desktop and choose "properties". Click the button "Device Manager."
  • Click on "+" next to "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" to expand this entry.
  • Right-click on a sub-entry that contains a word "Audio." For instance, "Realtek High Devinition Audio."
  • Select "Uninstall" and click "OK" to confirm. Finally, click "Restart now" to reboot your computer. (Do not install the sound drivers yet)
  • Download and Install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    Then
  • Reinstall the sound drivers that came with the PC and see if it solves the issue.

NEXT

Reinstall the USB adapter software and see if it resolves the issue with the internet.

Tell me how it goes.