Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alureon.H; Patched-SYSFile.d, perhaps more?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Ah me numpty IE9 is for Vista up only - Event viewer errors are common on XP

Could you let me know the exact problem with IE and any other remaining errors please

Advertisements

shelovestomuse

shelovestomuse

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
LOL!! @ "numpty"

Ok, tabs close and get "recovered," sometimes with the "IE closed this tab to protect your computer blah blah blah" message, tabs get hung and sometimes only respond after hitting F5 or Ctrl + F5.

I'd started to think it's got something to do with Adobe/Flash, because it happens the most when I view our local news channel website, and after everything else has loaded, the pane with video is still "thinking." That's what lead me down the DEP path in the first place.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets test your hypothesis (I like big words) :D

Download and run the Flashplayer uninstaller from here to your desktop and then run
Download the latest flashplayer from the same page and install

Let me know if that assists ;)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :D

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.