Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Customize the localized names of the folders

• Please log in to reply

Renaud

Renaud

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I've noticed that in Windows 7 the name that is showed in the Windows Explorer is different from the "System Name" (localized). I would like to use that feature to increase the usability of our system.

The files for each client are stored in a folder (one per client), the name of that folder is a code. To access it, we use a custom application ...but that custom application doesn't work if the computer is not connected to the network (problem for the notebooks that are one the go). So, what I would like to do is to "localize" the name of each folder, so the notebook users can access their files while on the go, and it won't affect the system that is already in place.

So does one of you know how I "modify" those localized name? (on OS X, the key is: one hidden file .localized per folder that has to be localized and a file in the system folder that contains the translations).

Thanks in advance,

Renaud

Advertisements

Renaud

Renaud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've found these function: http://msdn.microsof...b762250(v=VS.85).aspx

But no clue about how using it.