Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer on Windows 7 HP laptop tabs error

• Please log in to reply

beetroot

beetroot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi ;)

I have a recurring problem on my HP Pavillion laptop, that usually isn't a huge problem, but on this occasion it is.
I tend to open lots and lots of tabs while on the internet. (My laptop runs on Windows 7, so that's IE 8.0 right?) After I have opened I don't know after how many, but It would have to be around more than 20, tabs my screen goes all black and flickery, I'm not really sure how to describe it, but I then usually shut the computer down using the power button. Wait for it to powerdown, then press it again to start the computer up again. Then on the screen a list of options are presented, and most times I have pressed the "Start windows normally" option. This is fine, and then I log onto my account. I then open the internet and it offers me two options "re-open last browsing session" or "open homepage tabs". Generally I have no problem clicking the first option, then my tabs load again and I try to be careful from there on, but sometimes, and today I accidentaly clicked "open homepages". Now I can not re-open any tabs I opened today because my history from today is wiped and all that shows up are my homepage tabs. I can still acess the sites I looked at yesterday, but none that I looked at today.

Unfortunalty I didn't have Google web histroy enabled, and I can't think of anyway to re-open all the tabs I had up.

Any help? Or is this unfixable :D

Thank you.

Edited by beetroot, 22 September 2010 - 05:17 AM.

Advertisements

beetroot

beetroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can anyone help with this please? :D

Jordi Ruiz

Jordi Ruiz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
If I understand you, the problem is when you open a lot of tabs, ok?
If this is correct I supose that is a problem with the RAM, how many RAM do you have?

In the other hand, when the explorer hangs up is normal that it don't save the history

beetroot

beetroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have 4GB of Ram. Ok, I think I understand you. I've sort of solved the problem myself the long and ardous way though- by going through each letter in the google toolbar, and retracing my steps that way.

Thanks. :D