Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hiloti virus and malware - problem with removal

• Please log in to reply

Jaycb

Jaycb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'd appreciate any help. A popup showed on my screen two days ago and shortly after all the icons, start button and task bar disappeared and I was left with just the wallpaper.
I have Gdata as my virus scanner and it was up to date and had just run a scan.
I was able to open in safe mode so I ran Adaware, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D and did a reboot into safe mode. It showed I had hiloti plus ZbotR.gen and lots of malware but I had made it worse by doing a system restore beforehand!
I reran all three programmes and rebooted again after they showed that some of the problems were still there and just to be safe I reran all three and again rebooted this time into normal mode but Spybot ran on restart, but would not complete and I had to shut down my PC. Today, after running all three programmes again in safe mode it shows the same problems as before but this time malwarebytes states - no action taken.

I have followed the instructions on your help page but can't run my virus scanner - it says there are components missing and I can't get any others to open from the exe file in safe mode, so I didn't know whether to continue on or not.
I was not able to turn off system restore either as the tab isn't showing up on the system properties box.

I have attached the latest mbam log.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. As long as I am told where to find things and what to do I am happy to work on the registry etc.

Thanks folks,

Jaycb

Advertisements