Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon MP560 printer - cannot get it to print from paper cassette

• Please log in to reply

Vonatar

Vonatar

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me with a rather strange printer problem. I bought a new Canon MP560 printer and have it set up wirelessly on my home network. I have managed to make it print a test page, but whenever I try to print a document it looks for paper from the "rear tray" meaning the feed tray, rather than the paper cassette which I have filled with paper.

I have searched through all of the settings and changed the tray select to cassette and even the printer default settings both from my pc and on the printer itself - however it still tried to print from the rear tray (and, of course, tells me it's out of paper because it's all in the cassette). I'm a bit stuck now and cannot seem to solve it. If anyone could help that would be wonderful.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit Vonatar?

Some Canon models will direct your print jobs to what it thinks is the correct tray for the paper type you are using. The rear tray on some models is dedicated to photo paper. If you're trying to print a picture, change the paper type to "plain" and your cassette may kick in. Otherwise, examine the control panel for the printer and click "printing preferences" in the 1st printer property window that pops up. The next window that pops up should have a Paper Source choice. Change to the cassette and apply your changes.

Hope this helps...

Vonatar

Vonatar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks. Seems it was the document that refused to print from the cassette, rather than the settings. Everything else seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help!

Boeren

Boeren

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I need some help with this same problem with my Canon iP4920 printer.  Everything is set to "plain paper" and "cassette" but it still only wants to draw from the rear paper feed tray to print!