I'm currently using an Acer Aspire 4530 laptop, running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2. My processor is an AMD X2 Dual-Core QL-62, 2.00GHz.
Two weeks or so ago, I accidentally spilled a small amount of water on my keyboard, which caused the computer to freeze and then shut down. I immediately did my best to dry and dry it -- basically I put it in front of an industrial fan on high -- and, lo and behold, it turned back on again after a few minutes or so...Only to give me a list of problems, as follows:
- The top left side of my laptop, near the escape button all the way down to the CAPS lock becomes increasingly hot after a half hour or so of use, where it never used to do so. The fan still works, and nothing's started to melt yet, but the heat is still present.
- Screen tearing randomly appears at the bottom and top of the computer screen, and vanishes just as quickly. The colors range from orange to green.
Lately -- as in, starting yesterday -- I've also begun to experience the following:
- The computer randomly acts as if I'm holding down CTRL + R, to the point of making it impossible to open webpages because it keeps automatically refreshing them. This problem presented itself after a few hours or use, and went away after I turned to computer off and let it rest for an hour or so.
- The CPU usage randomly raised and lowered fast enough that I couldn't physically keep up with the numbers, and programs that I was using -- firefox, windows explorer, and task manager -- would leap around from using up the least memory to the most about as fast. This problem stopped about the same time the CTRL + R issue stopped.
- 9/10 times, the computer will no longer turn off automatically, as in, selecting SHUT DOWN causes the computer to restart completely. Only holding down the power button completely turns it off.
- Whenever I turn it on after turning it off in this way, I get a series of continuous beeps -- more than ten -- before I'm thrown to a black screen asking me to choose which operating system I want to use. The computer then boots normally, without further beeping.
Any and all help would very much be appreciated! I'm also wondering if it would cheaper to just buy a new laptop at this point.