Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac OS X (10.4.11) win office 2008 installer problem

• Please log in to reply

Expressly

Expressly

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,

Can you plse help!

I tried to instal Office 2008 and think that I inadvertently said yes somewhere when I thought I was asked if I wanted the previous version of office deleted, but stopped the process when I saw that it wanted to delete TextEdit, which I want.

Now when I try to instal again, I get this error: There is no default application specified to open the document "Office Installer".

Thanks a lot.
Di

Advertisements

Odal

Odal

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
What type of file is it? .pkg?

Are you sure you have Installer.app on your computer? If not, you may need to reinstall it from the OS disc.

Expressly

Expressly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

What type of file is it? .pkg?

Are you sure you have Installer.app on your computer? If not, you may need to reinstall it from the OS disc.

Hi Odal,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Sorry, I don't know what a .pkg file is, but what is sure is that I don't have Installer.app on my computer,
so agree with you that I'll have to reinstall from the OS disc.

Will do it and let you know if there's anything else.
Di

Odal

Odal

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I would recommend downloading Pacifist to extract just what you need (Installer's package) from the OS disc. Otherwise you'd have to do a complete OS reinstall.

Expressly

Expressly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok, cool, I will check it out as it will be quicker. Thanks!