Google Redirect, High Memory Usage, Computer getting slower..
Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:26 PM
Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:26 PM
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.6
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7 Out of date!
Windows Firewall Enabled!
ESET Online Scanner v3
McAfee AntiVirus Plus
McAfee Security Scan Plus
Antivirus up to date! (On Access scanning disabled!)
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
Java 6 Update 20
Java 6 Update 5
Out of date Java installed!
Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3
Mozilla Firefox (3.6.12)
objlist.exe by Laurent
Windows Defender MSMpEng.exe
Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe
DNS Vulnerability Check:
Request Timed Out (Wireless Internet connection/Disconnected Internet/Proxy?)
``````````End of Log````````````
Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:34 PM
How are things running? Your logs are looking pretty good.
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "JDK 6 Update 22 (JDK or JRE)".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u22-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.
The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications.
To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
Click Ok and reboot your computer.
Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:09 AM
Anyway, the computer is running very well. I've downloaded the latest version of Java. I still have a number of tasks running, however, that I don't need to run in background (I think). Some I recognize and some I do not. I've even tried to uninstall and some programs won't!
Bless you for all your help!
Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:15 PM
No worries on the replies being delayed.
Some of these processes may be processes that are windows related, and are essential for running Windows properly.
Which types of programs are you trying to uninstall, and aren't able to do so?
Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:18 PM
- Dragon Tales: "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file."
- Harry Potter: "Error extracting support files: The system cannot find the file specified."
- Rugrats Go Wild Demo: Rugrats Go Wild is currently running. Please close the application and try again."
- The 3D Gamemaker: An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified."
As for the tasks, I've attached a picture of the list. I uninstalled a program called "Very Special Heart" but tasks related to it are still running! (VSH...). As for the rest, I don't know if they all need to run in the background or not. UTSCSI.EXE? PRISMXL.SYS? If you have any suggestions about things that don't need to run, let me know!
Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:28 PM
I'll provide a tool for you to try and remove these programs below:
Dragon Tales: "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file."
Harry Potter: "Error extracting support files: The system cannot find the file specified."
Rugrats Go Wild Demo: Rugrats Go Wild is currently running. Please close the application and try again."
The 3D Gamemaker: An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified."
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
- Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
- Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
- From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
- Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
- In the next window select the Advanced mode
- Click Next to start uninstalling the program
- Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
- When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
- Once complete, click Next, then Finish
- Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.
As for programs to remove I suggest you remove these:
Rootkit Unhooker LE 3.8 SR 2
Do you have an active subscription to Spyware Doctor 8.0?
Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:56 PM
Password is 'tasklist'.
Go to shared folder, then uploads folder.
File is called "task list.jpg"
If you don't want/can't open files, that's fine. The only other alternative would be to type in all the tasks which I'm not ready to do!
Thanks again for your help!
Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:06 PM
Press the Windows key + R
Type in: cmd.exe
Copy and Paste the following bolded command below followed by enter:
tasklist >> %userprofile%\Desktop\Look.txt
A new file will be created on your desktop called Look.txt. Post the contents of this file in your next reply.
Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:23 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users