Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited to No Connectivity, Windows XP SP 3

• Please log in to reply

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Okay - I disabled my security and pop up and d/l the chipset again. Still a red x. I'm not sure how to check which driver I have for the video driver, but looking in the program files I have both Intel and Nvidia - should I delete one? or is there some place else I should be looking. I did register my notebook as suggested. nothing extra came up. I'm at a loss for the MTP.. all I can think of is my phone or Ipod that hook up for updates and d/l's.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Go start, right click my computer, click properties, click the hardware tab, click the device manager tab.
On the entry network adaptors, which you may need to expand with the small + sign , tell me what is listed there please and is there a warning.

Do the same please on the entry display adaptors.

On each entry double click it and what is the message on the general tab.
Then go to the Details tab and provide the long set of numbers in the white box.

LilDude772

LilDude772

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
My apologies for intruding..If there even is such a thing here :D, but would your instructions work with most other modems as well, or just the Broadcam?

Edited by LilDude772, 09 December 2010 - 10:05 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
LilDude772
Hi and could you please confirm what you are asking or saying. Are you asking a question regarding your own computer or querying something I have said on this thread.
If you are asking for your own computer would you please start your own thread.
It becomes too confusing when two queries are being answered.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 09 December 2010 - 11:28 AM.

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
1. Under "Network Adapters" - Broadcam 802.11g Network Adapter and Marvell Yukon 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller. There are no warnings.
A. Broadcam - Under "General" Tab, it states the following:
Device Type: Network Adapters
Manufacturer: Broadcam
Device Status: This device is working properly.
If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to Start
the troubleshooter.
- Under the "Details" tab: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_11011A32&REV_02\4&6B16D5B&0&18F0
B. Marvel - Under "General" Tab, it states the following:
Device Type: Network Adapters
Manufacturer: Marvell
Device Status: This device is working properly.
If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to Start
the troubleshooter.
- Under the "Details" Tab: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4352&SUBSYS_01101025&REV_14\4&192AC53F&0&00E0

2. Under "Display Adapters" - Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family. A red "x" is on the icon. Under the "General" Tab, it states the following:
Device Type: Display Adapters
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Device Status: This device is disabled (Code 22)
Click Enable Device to enable this device
Under the Details Tab: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A2&SUBSYS_01101025&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

3. Under "Other Devices" - Video Controller. A yellow exclamation. Under the "General" Tab, it states the following:
Device Type: Other Devices
Manufacturer: Unknown
Device Status: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To Reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
Under the Details tab: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&SUBSYS_01101025&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&11

4. Under "Portable Devices" - MTP Device. A yellow exclamation. Under the "General" Tab, it states the following:
Device Type: Portable Devices
Manufacturer: (Standard MTP-Compliant Device)
Device Status: This device cannot start (code 10)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
Under the Details tab: ROOT\WPD\0000

I didn't think to double click these. Almost seems self explanatory but I will wait for your instruction.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
There is nothing apparently wrong with your network adaptors, as you can see.
On the display adaptor. do as it says, enable device that is double click the device and on the general tab see the bottom line.
If Do not use this device is shown click the arrow to the right and then select Use this device enable. Then click OK on that Window, then Apply and OK.

If that does not work and another warning is then received go back to the Acer link - remember to select XP Professional as the Operating system and download the latest driver. This one VGA Intel VGA Driver 6.14.10.4543 5.0 MB 2008/12/03

While you are in Device Manager have a look at the Sound, Video and Game controllers, the Realtek driver, check the version. That is expand by clicking the + next to the entry sound video and game controllers, then double click the realtek entry and on the driver tab, will be the version. If it is NOT this one download and install that.
Audio Realtek Audio Driver 5.10.0.5273 24.3 MB 2008/12/03
See how it is then please.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 09 December 2010 - 08:05 PM.

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Okay - the Intel is working with no warnings. I've updated the realtek. Still warnings on "other devices - video controllers" and "portable devices - MTP Device". But it's gotta be something I do not have or do not have connected I suppose.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Check the driver versions installed.
If they are not the latest, update to the latest as I said with the Realtek.
ON the MTP device click the options and set Do not use this device - disable, click OK then Apply and OK.

This MTP device was for a mobile phone, camera or something of that nature. It is Media Transfer Protocol. You can either just leave it as is or if you no longer use that facility, simply find the program and uninstall it.

LilDude772

LilDude772

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

LilDude772
Hi and could you please confirm what you are asking or saying. Are you asking a question regarding your own computer or querying something I have said on this thread.
If you are asking for your own computer would you please start your own thread.
It becomes too confusing when two queries are being answered.

Something along that *see Bolded text* line

Sorry for intruding, also I have no need for a new thread now since apparently my family recieved a new modem. :D

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Absolutely no need to apologise. It is just that helping two persons on the same thread, is not good practice as each suggestion has to be separately addressed.

Advertisements

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
THe MTP I'll just leave alone. I looked on the ACER website to see if there was an update, but I didn't see one. Possible leave well enough alone there as well?