Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer freezes - I can't do anything. Is it virus?

• Please log in to reply

marpou

marpou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is what has happened:
I downloaded a Chinese dictionary from http://btjunkie.org/...c2f100ae5ba0115, and after opening the .exe file, the program seemed fin, just until it started to actually install the program - it took ages, and eventually my computer froze. So I turned it off, as I wasn't able to do anything else, and now I'm just able to type in the password and see the "windows" load, and then it freezes again. I have tried it in safe mode, where I am able to actually start up the computer and see the desktop, but I can barely even open a folder before it freezes again. So basically, I can't do anything, and honestly, I don't know what exactly is the problem. Is anyone able to help me?

Edit:
As I am not able to run the OTL (I am really not able to do anything after I log on), I've tried to press F2 (system diagnostics) and I did the start-up test, and it says this:

Failure ID: 6C5XU40005AL-9XLO3G-60W203
Product ID: XC738EA#UUW

Hard Disk 1

Does this mean there's something wrong with the harddisk, or could it still be a virus or something like that? It is just weird if there is something wrong with the computer, as it's fairly new - maybe 2 months.

Edited by marpou, 06 December 2010 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements