Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Severe Lag and a Virus i cant find!

• Please log in to reply

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I drag and dropped the file into the blank cd, and did write to disk... was there a step i missed?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Aye drag and drop will not work

Lets use Imgburn download this to your desktop and install, then double click the ISO image that you downloaded, Imgburn should now open and burn it to the disc making it bootable

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
ok well i did the RAM test thing you had me do and... well... it just kept on testing. It did like the same test 6 times and so i got the hint that it wouldnt stop doing the same test until i told it not to.
Anyway, everything was successful and there was no failures or errors.

Oh also, this is kinda off topic but not, i remember you giving me this download that searched my RAM and found comparable RAM from its website that was of very good price... but i lost that download a long time ago and i was wondering if you still knew what it was. Im thinking of getting more RAM by May (my birthday)and 2GB of RAM for 50$ i thought was a good price and would like to do it again :D

Edited by SakiKitty, 02 January 2011 - 08:20 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Your wish is my Command - link to the scanner

After 6 runs it would have found any errors...

To recap:

We have no malware :D
HDD is good ;)
RAM is good ;)
System was cleaned and defragged. ;)

And yet we still have this lag.... Methinks I will do some research and see if there is any little tweak that I have missed. So whilst I am doing that visit BlackVipers page here and look at reducing some services as per the "tweaked" column

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Well i disabled/manual'd everything it told me to :D now what?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Still thunking :D

Any improvement ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Still thunking :D

Any improvement ?

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
No.. no improvement.

Im actually starting to think it might be an outdated sound device? or something to do with that.
Either way, i just gave you all of my systems info, hardware and software. Maybe you can find updates on stuff that i cant find and it might be the issue? thats the only thing i can think of really...

Attached Thumbnails

• System Info.JPG
  • System Hardware.JPG

Attached Files

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Ok lets update the drivers - we will start with the video :D

Just one at a time I feel http://www.nvidia.co...k_91.31_uk.html

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Haha ok *is downloading*
I thought i was up-to-date with my NVIDIA tho xP since its release date was october 25th 2010?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Why do you feel it could be the audio driver ?

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Well it hasnt been updated since i got the computer in 2006 (or 05... one of those) and i dunno... i guess its just a feeling maybe? Anyway that driver has now been updated.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Generally any lag can be caused by the video driver... Let me guess no improvement ?

SakiKitty

SakiKitty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Still lagging :D
Everytime i do one of those "free trial! Let us scan you computer for outdated drivers for you ;)" and then i do that, i always get 17 drivers outdated... but of course i can do nothing about it cuz then it says "Oh ;) you want us to fix it for you? that sucks buy it for 30$!"

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
They are a bit of a rip off as you can easily find them yourself - google realtek drivers download and see. This first four or five results will be realtek sites where you can get the driver from for free. All you need to do is go to deviice manager and see what devices are installed and then search. I believe you have a camera system on your computer? If so that would be the next driver to update