Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't let me do clean install

• Please log in to reply

bassenkornzweig

bassenkornzweig

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok here is the current situation:

Currently running Ubuntu 10.10 and LOVE linux BUT i am a gamer and my game wont work on here. So i was going to do clean install of XP but my computer isn't letting me do anything. When I put in the install disk and restart i get an intel processor screen and i can't get it to get to the boot screen. Also I know that with being in medical school I need word for my homework and that wine does real well with word 2003-2007 however, I can't seem to get it to work with word. What can I do to just start over on Linux or reinstall XP someone please help. Thank you ever so much for your time. I truly appreciate it.

Advertisements

calvert

calvert

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
only a very few windows games run on linux but you could check out here, maybe it will be of help

http://www.gamingonlinux.info/

as for microsoft word, openoffice writer is the one i use,
openoffice is a free replacement for microsoft office
it should be in your software manager

http://www.openoffic...uct/writer.html

bassenkornzweig

bassenkornzweig

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you I got the open office. I am just wondering now why I am unable to do a clean install of Linux period. It won't even let me run Boot and Nuke. I have BIOS set to CD/DVD drive 1st and HDD second but it just wont do it. How can I just reinstall Linux and start over.

calvert

calvert

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
not meaning to pry, but is there a reason why you want to re-install,

maybe it can be fixed instead