Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying a new PC

• Please log in to reply

yobraniac

yobraniac

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello, I'm just looking for a little advice on what to look for when purchasing a PC. I would like to purchase a new one and I really want to get more bang for my buck so to speak. I don't know whats a decent amount of of space and memory or whats a decent processor to have. I know I would like a PC that's good for gaming. Mainly I would like a pretty fast PC with good memory and one that has a good media center and I won't have problems hooking a router up to or anything else for that matter. I'm looking to spend about $500.00. Can I get something decent for that price? Suggestions?

Advertisements

shaunk37

shaunk37

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
could u expound a little more on the types of games that you aim to play on the PC? are you talking about high performance games (Crysis, Dirt, etc.) or online games (LOTRO, WoW, etc.)?

the usage of the PC is the main criteria that will affect all the other specs :)

Edited by shaunk37, 03 June 2011 - 01:50 PM.