Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MyWebSearch, DoubleD, other infections

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hanc18

hanc18

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Done. The icons did not rearrange themsevles this time, but it has been somewhat sporadic (i.e. they don't rearrange on every reboot) so I'll keep you updated if they move again.

I forgot in the last update to post one other issue: the AOL problem persists. I have not tried reinstalling it again since the last fix, so let me know if you'd like me to do that. Prior to that, all attempts to reinstall did not fix the problem.

For reference, the problem is that this error appears every time on startup:

The AOL Software cannot start up correctly. Please try again, restart your computer, or reinstall the software.
Error starting: ee://aol/FrontierApp
Error code: 1

Thanks!

Edited by hanc18, 16 March 2011 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
What version aol do you have ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.