Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Event Notification Service. Failed to connect to a windows ser

• Please log in to reply

RiaB

RiaB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
An error message appears at start-up= Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrator you can review the system event log for details about why the system didn't respond.
The screen tool bars have changed a bit and other message boxes have changed format too for expample when i plug in a USB or i-pod and the dialogue box pops up with "run" and "allow" they look different.
The main problem that has happened since this error message came up is that my laptop won't play dvds anymore.
This is an urgent problem as I am living in Italy and the TV is terrible.
Please help! xxx Also I have wasted so much time joining forums and posting asking for help and NOBODY has replied, please please reply!

Advertisements