Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

• Please log in to reply

Johnboy0070

Johnboy0070

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

Just joined this site and think it is great.

I am 72 years old, but love computers.

I have fixed a few (for family and friends) mainly system files accidently deleted, or replacement of hard drives.

So believe me, you are never too old to learn.

Hope to make new friends on this site.

Regards,

John :wave:

Advertisements

arham ali

arham ali

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hellow guys my name is arham ali and my problem is that when i installed windows in my dell pc the windows partition is not shown and he said a required cd\dvd driver is missing

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey guys' and girls', I am a newbie. I am messing around with my laptop, just guessing,, so I figured, I better come and join in with you all....I am learning as I am reading so far...

HAPPY TGIF

Sandster

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey , its me again....My name is sandster, I am 68 y/o female, and love playing on  my computer , while doing the 4 remaining  soap opera 'spoilers' at several different boards.

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi,

Just joined this site and think it is great.

I am 72 years old, but love computers.

I have fixed a few (for family and friends) mainly system files accidently deleted, or replacement of hard drives.

So believe me, you are never too old to learn.

Hope to make new friends on this site.

Regards,

John :wave:

HI there...believe you me, we are never too old to learn. Im brand new here too...today.

Eve Uptown

Eve Uptown

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi johnboy0070! Nice meeting you. I'm 62 and brand new today -- having a tough time learning to navigate the site. Maybe we can help each other.
Best,
Eve

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello Eve.... and welcome.

I am a female in my 60s too, but have been around here a little while now - so if you need any help, just let me know. :)

Cheers,

Chris.

MarPet

MarPet

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Good afternoon,

I am new to this particular forum, I found a topic in my search for an error that led me here. If I am unable to correct this error I will be posting a more extensive post with attachments in another thread.

Thank you,

Lith636

Lith636

• Pip
  • 1 posts

2mx4h0l.png

Why is this your homepage? Does not seem welcoming at all.

This is on Chrome, the most popular internet browser in the world.

Also come to find out, forum users do not require email verify? 

Rather lenient password requirement? 

Why should I trust any of your "experts" with any of my logs?

Edited by Lith636, 05 February 2017 - 02:55 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Lith636,

Thank you for bringing the home page to our attention. That is most certainly not what it is meant to look like, and it will be resolved shortly. 

I can assure you that all of our experts are extremely trustworthy and well-trained, and do not deserve to have their credibility questioned. In all the years I have been affiliated with this site, we have never had any of our staff members compromise the information of any our members, and we have helped many thousands of people during the history of this forum. 

Advertisements

volcanicxb

volcanicxb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello to all. My name is Eddie and I ran across this site asking for help on my computer on a different board. The first person to reply is listed as a graduate from here and I thought I'd check it out, as I have a friend who has apparently been hacked somewhere between his phone, his network or his pc. I have McAfee LiveSafe on my phone and every time I entered his house it said his wi-fi was under attack. Whoever it is has hacked his PayPal account and ran up $800 in charges, which were caught after the first $300 purchase. He was forced to shut his acount down and close all his accounts linked to it. His phone started doing crazy things.....new apps showing up that he had not installed, locking up to the point where a factory reset was his only option, and just totally making a mess of his life and well being. After seeing all this first hand, I decided to learn more in the hopes of not only helping him, but securing my own personal information as well. I hope to learn as much as possible in order to help him and maybe someday be of assistance to others, as I've seen the toll it takes on someone when something such as this happens. So cheers to you all, and thanks for hosting a site where people can get help in times of need. Maybe I'll apply myself and one day be able to be of help to someone in need.

Lmater

Lmater

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Nice to meet you

latinamruitment

latinamruitment

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing.

Fighting LJ

Fighting LJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Newbie here :)
Already found plenty of interesting stuff due to your forum

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Welcome Fighting Lj.

There are always lots of informative posts on here. Enjoy! :)

Chris.

Edited by Channeal, 20 October 2018 - 06:27 AM.