Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

4 computers crash including twice by new comp.virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
The dell wont even let me put logs on ????there that interesting!!???

Advertisements

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts

What problems are you experiencing with this new machine?

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
wont let me post my extra log!Theres no way that otl log is clean!IE redirects,clearwire,nvidia?superantispyware constantly malware traces and as usual malwarebytes nothing!I will try emsisoft which in my opinion has been my favorite!When i posted the OTL log that was the first time this comp. been on the net!And another it has windows and windows.old?prolly gonna do what i should done long time ago and buy a mac!Close this thread.....

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
And most importantl is I cant even acess my own documents,pictures.......!And all them hidden and shareds catches my eye along with 75% of the certs. being either outdated or fraudlent!Hmmmm .....is that enough?

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
and not to mention theres 3 users in the otl log and im the one and only account!?and the back-up wallpaper?like i said its mac time!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Don't jump on the Mac bandwagon too fast: http://arstechnica.c...-cc-numbers.ars

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
I know how you feel which is probably one the main reason why we dedicate our time to help.

There is a solution out there and we're going to find it - I only ask for you to be patient. :)

Let me consult the experts on this problem.

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
sal,

Here is reports from kaspersky after wiping and reloading the dell and following step by step instructions from dell tech on phone!I found the reason all comps. were infected and was told over and over that it has NEVER and will never happen(not unlikely,probably not,doubt it,dont think so but 100% never!)but that does not fix my problems now though!Maybe after seeing these reports and especially all the phishing content will help with the fix!??[attachment=49809:phishing.txt][attachment=49808:files.txt][attachment=49810:objects.txt]

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I wanted to add one other thing....Dell has been VERY helpful(trying at least) and continus to be!Now on the other note (dont wanna say who just yet)but as soon as we compared files and none of theres had even the copyright filled out not to mention anything else ....they have avoided me like the plague!?But like i said they might think about buying (?) them back and finding out how,and WHO did the impossible or I could end up losing them and they could have a serious outbreak on there hands!?Could get interesting!

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi Billy,

Thank you for updating me. :unsure:

Here is reports from kaspersky after wiping and reloading the dell and following step by step instructions from dell tech on phone!I found the reason all comps. were infected and was told over and over that it has NEVER and will never happen(not unlikely,probably not,doubt it,dont think so but 100% never!)but that does not fix my problems now though!

I read the logs and it looks to me that the files and object scans are didn't report infection, and yet on your phishing log there has been high reports of bad urls being allowed. I assume that the Dell people has taken cared of it, didn't they?

You mentioned Dell tech people has helped you reload the machine; and finding out what was it that infected your machines - would you mind telling me what is it that they found (I would like to gain the knowledge too :)).

Finally, can you update me what problem remains on this machine.

luvdacowboys2011

luvdacowboys2011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Sal

That is what i CANT figure out.....all the phishing risks and all the objects being found but nothing is being fixed,quarentined,deleted?I have went thru the settings and they are set to auto!I had help wiping and reloading just 6 hours ago and immediatly noticed certs are still no good,clock is two hours behind(we stressed in setting time right)mouse disappears,jumps cross screen,.....and when viewing the files its very obvious when they are modified sometimes 8 years before created,nothing filled out in details(copyright,etc.),or say ...regtranscontainer (?)file when deleted immediately reappears or a (notepad)i delete that i know is malicious reappears instead of log1 now is log2 ,event viewer says logon was created using command prompt.....,being locked out of documents etc still etc!I haved owned and downloaded my printer scanner so much that it is very obvious that when software disc is put in(right after reload) is not even close ......canon uj !I downloaded anyway and when using immediately get warning something like processor being restricted by firmware.......?And what is really scary is the recovery disc looks exactly like (printer)....fonts and all!Im not about bashing no company but like i asked them yesterday ....how many times have i called yall in last 1-2 months?they say alot!And if ONCE they would have said maybe,.......NOT ...never has happened and will never happen guaranteed!.......so i kept on using it!They said they were sending a paid ups envelope to send back....i said DONT think so .....!Still getting the phishing ....[attachment=49812:files2.txt][attachment=49811:phish2.txt]

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi,

Thank you for the update. I am at work now and will probably be testing all the links you gave me later.

:)

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
double post

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi Billy,

That is what i CANT figure out.....all the phishing risks and all the objects being found but nothing is being fixed,quarentined,deleted?

What antivirus did you installed in this machine?

I randomly submitted URLs from your logs using VirusTotal's online scan to check if the links are malicious and they coming out fine with no detection. Use VirusTotal URL checker if you suspect if a site is malicious.

Let us try using another scanner and see if the results are the same.

If you are using a router to connect the laptop to the internet we must reset it to default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

Next

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, you may close the window
  • Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

I have went thru the settings and they are set to auto!I had help wiping and reloading just 6 hours ago and immediatly noticed certs are still no good,clock is two hours behind(we stressed in setting time right)

Try changing the time directly from the BIOS and see if the time sticks when you boot into windows. To enter BIOS on Dell it is usually pressing pressing F2 or DEL.

That's it for now. We'll address the concerns one (or two's) at a time. :)