Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista trouble

• Please log in to reply

pre sta

pre sta

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a vista laptop,its my grandparents but my younger cousins use it more then they do. i was told that the internet would not connect using a wifi network. i checked if it was the router but several other devices were running off the network. i turned the other devices off to see if that would work but nothing. i then realized that no other program word run either....avast, micro word, internet browsers, etc. they all open another screen saying cant find file location and asked what program i wanted to use to open it. but even after clicking ok on 1 of the 2 options nothing happened. i have made a new account on the computer as another ADMIN. everything seems to be working now on the new account, but the internet still wont connect. both accounts are admin. i am currently running a full system scan using avast. Whats wrong with the original account? it was the only user account at the time. Can anyone help me? i am posting this from my XP netbook.

Advertisements

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Hello pre sta and Welcome to Geekstogo!!

It sounds like you may be infected with a virus. I suggest you read this and start a new topic here

The experts here will help you clean out your computer.