Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop recreates itself and user profile missing

• Please log in to reply

cadonn

cadonn

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else. Came into work and tried to log onto my laptop. Was able to logon but my desktop was completely changed. Rec'd the message that the desktop was being reinstalled. I rebooted and this happened again and again. In regedit my user profile is completely gone. Gave it to IT to fix and they have been running all kinds of programs to try and recover my Outlook pst files but they are not having any luck. They have contacted Microsoft as this happened after a huge windows update. We tried a restore and it failed.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really want to recover my data and don't understand how my profiel could be completely deleted?

Cathy

Advertisements

cadonn

cadonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Come on community - I am sure someone has seen this before. Have I posted this in the wrong section?

Cat