Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several Infections

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
All that looks good - no anomolous services and all are running as should be now the temps

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

Advertisements

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Here you go.

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan.jpg

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK that is the problem - can you see all the red flames ? That is an indication that you have a severe overheating problem, the temperatures should be around 50 or less. You will need to check that all vents are clear and that you have no dust bunnies. Also check the fans for your CPU and PSU . Your -12v rail looks to be a bit low.

This is the reason for the crashes in different drivers, depending on which one the system is using when the temps overload. Continual use with these temperatures could damage your motherboard beyond repair

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
New Speedfan but I'm not sure what the temp 1 and 2 are. Ron has a box fan blowing directly in the system and it is making no difference with those two temps. Fan on cpu was replaced and entire system was cleaned out. Temps are down except for the first 2.

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan.jpg

Edited by klown69, 26 July 2011 - 09:49 AM.

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The system has not crashed since the above was posted. Going on 17 hours now. Just wondering what those first two temps are though as it would see they are the cpu?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You can find out what they relate to by pressing the configure button on the main screen, Ron may understand what the chips are - as we are moving beyond my event horizon :unsure:

But that appears to be your main problem cleared :)

This is my system with the configure open at the temp tab

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
OK essexboy this is Ron.
I downloaded HWMonitor and ran it side by side with Speedfan and I am including the screenshot of them both.
As you can see the temps look good but HWM doesn't show the first 2 temps that SF shows. Not sure what they are but it could be one of the chipsets on the mobo. It doesn't seem to be affecting the system as it is still running since last night with no problem. The original cpu fan was caked in dirt so I replaced it with a brand new one I had of the same type. 7-26-2011 12-46-48 PM.jpg

Edited by klown69, 26 July 2011 - 11:52 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I must admit that this area is a bit beyond my ken, but the system is malware free now. And to the best of my knowledge the temps look good

Are you ready for a tool removal ?

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Sure lets get rid of everything and from there I will monitor everything for her. My main concern was making sure any and all infections are gone including the original windows.

Edited by klown69, 26 July 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets clear my rubbish

Subject to no further problems :yes:

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean :)

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [resethosts]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done

Uninstall ComboFix

Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
  • Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
  • Now copy/paste this: ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

Posted Image

• Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.
  • You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. For aswMBR just delete the files from the desktop

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
For the first run I would recommend a boot defrag and disk check
Posted Image

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

Posted Image Malwarebytes. Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe :unsure:

Advertisements

klown69

klown69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
This is rshaffer61 and I wanted to personally Thank you and all steps are completed and I will let you know tomorrow how everything is running my friend. I have editted the boot.ini to rid this system of the multi boot with the old installation.

I will make sure everything works ok for a day before I delete the old windows installation so she will not have to worry about it.
I tried booting into the old installation but due to the corrupted video driver in that installation the system still reboots on the login window.
As far as this installation everything boots much faster and is very stable but as you say give it 24 hours to see if any issues pop up.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No probs Ron glad to be of assistance :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.