Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardward Driver Conflict

• Please log in to reply

Jason77

Jason77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry. I have done both. I will do the services again at lunch time here. About 3 hours from now.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please try this HERE.
This is not a program we use in the Tech forums so I'm kind of at a loss with it.
The jest of it is to run the program and find these two entries associated with a service running.
Disable the service and then let me know if the issue stops then.

Jason77

Jason77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
what two entries am i lookin for?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
mbr.sys

catchme.sys

Jason77

Jason77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I do not see either of those in process explorer. another thing to note. To get the PC to boot up in normal mode i must disable the video drivers. I am able to boot with out a BCOD but it is still very slow. When looking at pocess explorer there is not one process that if taking up all the CPU but it looks like no matter what i open takes a large amount of CPU.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I don't think you are looking for the exact files I posted but a service within the list that shows the corresponding file in it's entry.
I apologize but as I said this is not a program we use here in the Tech forums. :) If you can give me some time I will try to bring in a malware tech who knows how to run this program and can tell you or me what exactly to look for.

Note I checked the request for help and the malware tech did state the following in his reply.

Check with Process Explorer and identify the process that is depleting his resources. Chances are a service is the culprit.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,638 posts
  • MVP
This what you were looking for?

Get Process Explorer

http://live.sysinter...com/procexp.exe

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator). Click once or twice on the CPU column header to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top. Close all other programs. Wait 60 seconds or so for things to settle down. File, Save As, Save. Open the file Procexp.txt on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Jason77

Jason77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
you can close this topic. I ended up doing a system restore and everything seems fine.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thank you for the update on what your final resolution was. :)
Congratulations. :yes: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :unsure: :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible