Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
I see your new thread and you already have RKinner on it :unsure:.

You just delete aswMBR because it doesn't have installation or uninstallation.

I'll just close this thread and you continue to respond to RKinner in your new thread. Goodbye and stay safe :)

Advertisements

RookiePc

RookiePc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Will do, I believe my laptop has now been infected with a redirect as well. Unbelievable! Why does this keep happening? There are so many cases with this redirect, is there any thing that will protect against it?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
There are no antivirus software to protect you from all malware. Only safe surfing will do the trick. Be careful what sites you visit and what software you download.

You should read How did I get infected in the first place article. It's good to be informed...

RookiePc

RookiePc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Should I start a new topic?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
What do you mean? Is this third PC? Just to be clear, we cleaned you desktop PC and RKinner is doing yours friend pc and this is third PC infected?

If this is the case then you should open new topic but first wait until you clean friends system. You'll get lost in all scans and logs :).

If you don't have any questions I'll close this thread now.

RookiePc

RookiePc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
The 1st two are net books, the last one is a laptop. I will post a new topic as instructed once the last net book is cleared. Thanks for all your help.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.