Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

181 Critical Threats Found

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Copy the next line:

sc config helpsvc start= disabled /c

Start, Run, cmd, OK then right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear. hit Enter.

That should turn off the Help and Support Service.

close the Command window.

(Start) right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager. Then View, Show Hidden Devices. Click on the + in front of Non Plug and Play Devices then find

SASDIFSV

and right click and Uninstall or disable.

Repeat for

SASKUTIL

If you see

SetupNTGLM7X

then uninstall or disable it too.

Delete aswMBR.exe
Download a new version

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
Click the "Scan" button to start scan

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

You may have a file infector so see if you can make the AVD boot CD on a friend's PC:

http://www.geekstogo...ystem-tutorial/ Step 1

Use it to scan your system.

Ron

Advertisements