Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrading a dell gx270 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok here you go.

and the graphics card i posted before will work right? the 6200 512mb one.
and how do i know what kindof ram to get? my friend said this will work.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820178101

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have posted the link to Crucials Online Memory Scanner which will give you the type of ram your system will use.
Have you done that yet as I still have not seen a link to the results page.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok but you got the screenshot right? because i attached the file.
no i have not tried the link yet cause im at school on a school computer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post 55 I asked you about the memory and posting the link to the results page from crucial.
Post 49 I asked for the Everest log which included a screenshot of the sensors which you have not posted. I have gone through all the posts and nothing anywhere.
In fact post 62 you posted a link to memory from NewEgg but I don't have the Crucial results page to make sure it is the correct memory.
I went to Crucial's site and got the information myself and it is as follows:

Memory Type: DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200, DDR (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 4GB
Slots: 4
Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

The memory you linked from NewEgg will work and ugrading to 2 gigs total will ensure there is plenty of system memory free.
The video card should work since you have a AGP slot on your motherboard and the video card is AGP also. megs a of video memory is more then enough to run the game.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok i went to full editor and uploaded the screenshot exactly like you said but it didn't do anything? so what now? should itry again or not since you already know everything?

how do i get the screenshot on my post like you did with all the arrows and stuff.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
alright thanks so much for your help with all this i know it must have been frustrating trying to deal with all my questions because i have posted this same question on about 3 forums alright and they never help me they just say"just buy a new computer"
and stuff like that no help at all im so lucky i found this website and that you found my thread. :)

so how did you learn all this stuff?
-can you program in any language?
-do you know how to hack?
-have you designed any programs/games?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
oh and last question is their a
cheap laptop or desktop somewhere that has more than enough system specs to play wurm online?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
so how did you learn all this stuff? Books and self taught
-can you program in any language? Nope I don't do any programming
-do you know how to hack? Nope and I help here to correct issues caused by people who do that and have general problems with their systems
-have you designed any programs/games? No but i do play a lot of the newer games and in fact was one of the reasons I built myself a new system almost 2 years ago.
oh and last question is their a
cheap laptop or desktop somewhere that has more than enough system specs to play wurm online? Any of the newer system will be able to do that but the big question is what kind of budget would you have to get a new system?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok i would like to get a fairly cheap desktop that can run wurm online because i don't have alot of money do you think that i could find one that could play just that game well with no lag for around or under $200.00?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I take it you are going to use your monitor, keyboard and mouse that you already have?

Advertisements

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
umm... no :)
could you just plz post some links of cheap computers then or what you consider cheap and they can play my game with no lag.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK finding a complete system for under 200 is not going to be easy. Everything I'm finding for around 200 is going to be a bare bones system which won't include a OS, Monitor, Keyboard or mouse.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok then plz find just a system that will run wurm online with no lag but i idon't wantt the best of the best type of computer just but no price limit just find one plz and thankyou.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Cheapest on TigerDirect is 300 plus shipping HERE

NewEgg is of no help at all.

You could rebuild your current system or just do the video card and memory upgrades I suggested which would bring your system well past the minimum requirements as I explained.

The cost of the two upgrades should be below 200 with shipping included.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
so its ok event hough it is 32bit? what is the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit computer?
and the proccessor is only 1.6ghz my current computer is 2.8ghz or am i mistaken?
and lets just get this straight so i won't have to worry.
this computer WILL absolutely possitively with no doubt play wurm online with on lag even on highest graphics settings?
also can it play this game because i own some more. :)

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Battle_for_Middle-earth_II
i saw the card and it says ATI radeon 8500 and greater so does teh card measure up or down being greater? EX: 8500 is greater than 9000 version but the 6000 version is greater than the 8000 version? i don't get it.
and this game.
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Half-Life_2

Edited by SethWilliam, 09 October 2011 - 09:19 PM.