Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD

• Please log in to reply

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I paid for it. Lol

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of doing the same also since I can then put it on my wife's system and she can update all her drivers.
:) :yes: :) :) :)

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Well, all the drivers are installed, and Driver max agrees. I REALLY hope this fixed it...I've done more trouble shooting than enjoying this wonderful machine I built, lol

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Well, all the drivers are installed, and Driver max agrees. I REALLY hope this fixed it...I've done more trouble shooting than enjoying this wonderful machine I built, lol

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A double post...I've failed you, Internet! *cries*

Edited by StaticShock5, 04 October 2011 - 08:57 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A double post...I've failed you, Internet! *cries*

:yes: not a problem it happens even to me. :)

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Lol, and of course you leave it for comic relief for those who come across this thread in the future :) Back on topic though, is there anything else you can think of based of those 5 posts earlier that I should do? Or do we wait and see if the driver installation fixed it? It really sucks there isn't a trigger that I can find...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think the issue is a driver since DriverMax found 12 drivers to update. I'm thinking honestly that should fix the issue. Was there anything for SATA or IDE controllers it updated?

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Yea there were a few IDE Controllers IIRC, but I wouldn't bet any amount of money on it, seeing as I didn't write them down or anything.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that is a good sign it did update those drivers. The biggest cause of the specific error codes you were receiving are controller drivers out of date. Hopefully now the issue has been corrected. :)

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Lets hope :) Haha thanks again for the help, I'll let you know if I get any more errors in the near future.

Advertisements

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Ok. It just did something again. Chrome started getting sluggish, then everything froze. Then, my desktop disappeared, leaving just my background. Then, without even shutting down, it went straight from my background to my Motherboard/Bios loading screen. Then it failed to load, giving me a black error screen, as shown in the attachment. I tried to boot into safe mode so I could do a virus scan, but I kept getting an error message about some interface not being supported. So I think its either a virus or some other malware, or my SSD about to go to [bleep]. So I am going to go out tomorrow, and get a second HDD and replace my solid state...maybe HDD diagnostic tools don't work on SSD. So I have several questions:

1. Is there a way for me to completely copy the contents of my SSD and put them on a HDD, and have it work flawlessly as if I had installed everything straight to it?
2. If so, what programs and items would I need, and what would the process be?
3. When I go get my new HDD, do I have to do anything to it out of the box? Format it, anything?

I think I just got a bad SSD...perhaps I did something to it by accident without know it. SSD is still a fairly new technology...perhaps I should just wait until the bugs are worked out, like in the case of HDD.

EDIT: The picture was too big to attach so here is a URL to it. http://tinypic.com/r/27zl0li/7

Edited by StaticShock5, 04 October 2011 - 07:30 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well it could be a bad drive but if it is then it would be the first time I have seen a hard drive diagnostics say it is good but it actually be bad.
As far as copying everything over you would need something like Ghost or Acronis True Image to do it.
My fear is if it is a infection copying everything over would also copy the infection over.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
What do you think it could be then?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'll tell you what, before going through all the money and time to replace everything lets give the malware techs a chance to look at your system.

I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I wasn't planning on replacing anything but the hard drive. Was there something else you thought I would replace?

The thing is, since there isn't a trigger, it drives me nuts to try something, and wait for it to happen again. My virus scan comes up negative, and there is no telling if anything I try works.