Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek HD sound issue.

• Please log in to reply

corbek

corbek

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Not exactly sure if this would go under windows 7 or not, but I have an AV receiver with 5.1 channel surround sound hooked up to it, and from there I have a red/white cord that hooks up to the reciever and then goes into my computer through a headphones jack. It seems as if it only receives some of the sound, because all the sound effects in my games don't seem to work. The game in particular that it doesn't work in is Fallout: New Vegas. Every time I plug the speakers in it pops up the Realtek HD audio manager and asks what I plugged in and I say headphones for lack of a better option. Is there something else I should say? Also, when I use my headphones only I get all sounds from it. Thanks.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
What happens if you say 'speakers' instead of headphones?

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
There is no "speakers" option. It will only allow me to do a single speaker, such as front left, back right, etc. etc. The closest to it is Headphones.