Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game is very slow

• Please log in to reply

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
What should i do?I really want to know what is the problem.Since the PC is under warranty and im leaving this country in 4-5 months. After that i wont be able to change the PC =/

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Sorry but after all the testing you have done and the consequent results I do not feel that this is a warranty issue and is most likely the result of your present integrated video chip not being as powerful as the last laptops.
The present Radeon HD 6310 integrated video chip is capable of running HD movies etc to an acceptable level but it is not a gaming chip and it also relies on system memory to function, your previous laptops video chip may have been the "dedicated" type with it`s own VRam and that is the reason it performed better, please provide the previous laptop details so that we can take a look at it`s specifications, also check out the performance ratings for the Radeon HD 6310 when gaming http://www.notebookc...10.40952.0.html and some feedback reinforcing the above
http://answers.yahoo...15121843AANdYK4
If you still suspect your internet connection then take your laptop to another location where you can access the internet and try gaming there and let us know the results.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I see.Thank you very much for your help! But if it was the video chip,how come i can run games like Dead Space on high detail with almost no lag, but i cant run that game which needs less requirements to run it?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
I was only aware of the issue arising whilst you were online gaming, this is when more memory is required and so made sense regarding the lag, as I suggested try online gaming at another location to see if the issue is the same.

NB: I will be offline for a while now but will check back in about 5hrs time, sorry for any delay in replying.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Tried.Still same laggs.Guess its expected from a 500 euro laptop =/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Thank you for the feedback, it does appear to bare out a less powerful video card as the cause, the HD 6310 is designed to be less power hungry so as to prolong battery life between charges and this is achieved by making sacrifices elsewhere with online gaming being one of them, I am sorry we could not get you the performance you require, good luck with things in general and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

BasicHunter

BasicHunter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you very much for the help :yes: :)
You are very good :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
You are most welcome and thank you :)