Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

server does not support RFC 5746,

• Please log in to reply

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
*server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555
=============================================
*Error: syntax error
Source File: javascript:void();
Line: 1, Column: 5
Source Code:
void();
===========================================
*Server not found
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://webmail.local...lnet/screen.css
Line: 92
============================================
*Plugin Finding Service Error
We've encountered an error. Please try your request again later.
========================================
*Server not found
========================================

I have Windows XP Pro, SP3 all updated, Panda Cloud AV, Windows FW ; FF 7.0.1, and IE 7; SAS, MBAM. On dial up . The only add ons I have in FF is the Ad Block.

I had my computer totally wiped and reloaded. In July. I have since updated FF from 3.6.17 to 7.0.1. Windows is all up to date. Why am I getting these errors in FF? I can’t even open the FF plug in check page. Really is annoying, but this RFC error is showing in the error console. I talked to my ISP, and they say it is a JAVA problem. I cannot find anything on that error in JAVA.

I update MBAM and SAS every two days, run it once a week, and nothing has ever been found. Even clearing the cache is not helping.

I searched the RFC error and am finding it is a server error, but my server is saying it is JAVA.. I am scratching my head now …… Any thoughts? I am the only one on this computer. I don’t go to very many sites, and this is very frustrating.

This shows when I use FF. I have disabled JAVA QUICKSTART, and it still shows. (in error console) Doesn't matter if it is enabled or disabled

Error: syntax error
Source File: javascript:void();
Line: 1, Column: 5
Source Code:
void();

I am lost. . My ISP says it is a JAVA issue, and to uninstall the JAVA and re download it, but I have done that twice. But that if that doesn’t help, to have my computer wiped and reload again, as it is my computer.

If these are nothing to worry about, I would appreciate knowing , but I would like to know what the heck they are.

Advertisements

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Ok, to o late to edit, but here is a screenshot of the syntax error.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
So far, I have done the following, and the results are below: (actually, no help really)
======================================
1-Cleared cache in FF and IE. (what little I use I.E., I cleared it anyway.)

Result: pages loaded slower, but still got this error:
www.mozilla.org : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at kb.mozillazine.org.

Step 1: Click Update to update a plugin.
Step 2: Complete all recommended updates before restarting your browser.
Plugin Finding Service Error
We've encountered an error. Please try your request again later.

I am getting that when I try to open the plug-in check page. It doesn’t open, so I cannot check my plug ins.
======================================
2-Start > RUN> type in cmd click OK.
Type in net start click ENTER
Type in netsh winsock reset click enter
Restart computer
(this was done 3 times! NOT all at the same time, but 3 times in one week!)
Results: That set I.E. back to default settings.
===========================================
3-Flushed dns thru the cmd prompt.
Result: no change. No help
==========================================
4-Was told by my ISP, this:
We apologize for the issues you are running into. This message
“server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555 “is
generated by Firefox to make you aware that the server you are
connecting to (Website) configuration is not working with Mozilla
Firefox.

The problem I have with that answer, is I am getting that RFC error in their site.
Very confusing.

I went to the FF forums, and the JAVA forum, was told that is not a FF issue, but a ISP issue. Can you shed any light on this for me?

=====================================
5- removed all the JAVA, ran JAVA RA, made sure it was all gone, rebooted, and reinstalled all fresh, JAVA 6_29. ( I had JAVA 6_29) ===========================================

6-Adobe tests that it is installed and working correctly. So does shockwave.
=========================================
I have no problem with Windows Update site. I can update with no issues.
My MBAM, SAS, and Panda Cloud all update fine. MBAM, SAS I update manually, and Panda is on auto.
TIA. I am scratching my head, and yeah, even went thru malware training and still scratching!
At this point, I am ready to pull the plug.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
TeeCee,

*Server not found
Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://webmail.local...lnet/screen.css
Line: 92

That looks to me like the error is coming from your webmail application, which would indicate that it's an ISP issue. My guess is that their webmail login page hasn't been updated properly to work with Firefox 7. It works for me in Chrome - I don't have Firefox on my laptop, so I can't check it from there. Does their webmail work in other browsers? And is http://webmail.localnet.com/ the link you're trying to get to?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Actually, I found another link for you to look at. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java provides information about Java. There are some helpful troubleshooting tips you can try there. The RFC error looks like something your ISP should fix, because Mozilla identified that issue quite some time ago, and it addresses a vulnerability, but I don't think it should affect your access. Try the troubleshooting tips on that page - there are links for testing your Java also.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Thank you, I did talk to them and they are still saying it is my computer. Everything I found, pointed to ISP issue. I am at a loss.. They say they a \re compatible with FF..

Thank you for the verification :)

I just tried again, and am getting timed out Odd, but hey, they are in NY, and I am in MI>. Bummer!

Edited by Tee*Cee, 03 November 2011 - 07:40 AM.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Actually, I found another link for you to look at. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java provides information about Java. There are some helpful troubleshooting tips you can try there. The RFC error looks like something your ISP should fix, because Mozilla identified that issue quite some time ago, and it addresses a vulnerability, but I don't think it should affect your access. Try the troubleshooting tips on that page - there are links for testing your Java also.

Thanks, my JAVA is great and I have removed and reinstalled it a few times, according to my ISP.. Vulnerabilities, yes, I can see that too, but they can’t hanks, I did all that and still l am getting booted form my ISP’s site. My JAVA is testing fine, it

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
PING TEST:
Loss 1%
Ping 1198
Jitter 840
Grade F
Very poor. Real-time Internet application performance will suffer greatly on such a connection. Test to other servers to confirm the result, but definitely talk to your ISP about troubleshooting the issue.

OK, what about installing FF 3.6.23 OVER the 7.0.1? Would that help any? I did the ping test, and I think my issues are in the bad connection, but if you think reverting back to an older version of FF would help. do let me know. TIA!

PS: I did talk to them and their answer is for me to wipe and reload. Grrrr.

Edited by Tee*Cee, 04 November 2011 - 11:09 AM.

Tee*Cee

Tee*Cee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Just curious, do you think my phone lines being very old, and being on dial up connection would contribute to this lousy connection? I reverted back to FF 3.6.23. Still no change. :) I am getting timed out way too much, even here.

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at start.localnet.com.

Works fine on the hi speed computers in town, so I am leaning to the dial up connection. BUMMER!:yes:

Edited by Tee*Cee, 09 November 2011 - 12:36 PM.