Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
i have a problem with BSOD. Can you please help me to solve this problem? Here is BSOD log, what is write in the error and i attached minidump logs.

BSOD log:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001917452, 0xFFFFF88003562868, 0xFFFFF880035620C0)

tcpip.sys - Address FFFFF88001917452 base at FFFFF8800188F000, Datestamp 4e83e948

Can anyone help me pls?

Thanks
Martin

Attached Files

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hello Kulisek :welcome: Please do the following.

Download BLUESCREENVIEW and install and run it to read the dump files created by windows.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Would you please tell me which antivirus applications you have had previously on this machine any and all.The reason I ask is because some like to hang around after you uninstall via add remove programs and require the use of removal tools.

What kind of computer do you have exactly??Example Compaq presario c700

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MINITOOLBOX When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

Run sfc /scannow also run chkdsk /r Links explaining below.

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

IF THIS IS A DESKTOP Unplug the tower open up the side.Get can of compressed air and blow out the machine and reseat the ram modules video card etc,see video Plug it back in and see how it goes.WHILE YOU HAVE THE RAM AND VIDEO CARD OUT BLOW OUT THE SLOTS THAT THEY PLUG INTO.ALSO BLOW OUT THE HEAT SINK.SEE VIDEO

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND POST ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED!! :)

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
my computer:
Intel Core I7 960
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950
12GB ram 6x2 triple channel
ASUS P6T WS Professional
WD Caviar Black 1TB

As antivirus i use ESET Smart sercurity 4.0

Computer is about 4 months old, then i don't think there can be overheat caused by dust. I didn't use any else antivirus program just this one.
I build it by myself.

Martin

Attached Files

Edited by Kulisek, 13 December 2011 - 07:49 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
I need the start up list from ccleaner not the uninstall.
Please run driver verifier http://www.jcgriff2....er_Verifier.htm

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Update your chipset and video/graphics driver with driver max. http://small.driverm...x/drivermax.exe

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry,
here it is.

Martin

Attached Files

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open ccleaner and disable the entries from startup below.
Ano HKCU:Run QIP Internet Guardian C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\QipGuard\QipGuard.exe
Ano HKCU:Run Sidebar C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
Ano HKCU:Run Skype "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized
Ano HKLM:Run Adobe ARM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
Ano HKLM:Run WinampAgent "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
Ano HKLM:Run StartCCC "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
Ano IE Helper Adobe PDF Link Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
Ano IE Helper QipLI Class C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\qstatsrv.dll
Ano IE Helper QIPBHO Class C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\qipsearchbar.dll
Ano IE Helper Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll

Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc right click Run As Admin. Find the service listed below,one at a time. left click it once you should have the option to either stop the service or restart it , stop the service then right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to manual then left click apply and move on to the next service.If the service is stopped and the startup type is manual then do nothing.

Adobe acrobat update service >> running
AMD External Events Utility >> running
Service Googgle Update(gupdate) >> stopped

Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!Right click Run As Admin

Please tell me if you have any more BSOD after completing the above.

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I didnt try things from your last reply.
But when i run Driver verifier, BSOD come after 5-10 minutes of computer running. Do you know how can i get information from Driver verifier, which driver failed?

sorry, i am blind...

Edited by Kulisek, 13 December 2011 - 08:49 PM.

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok, here are dumps from BSOD invoked by driver verifier.

Attached Files

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Please complete instructions in post #7 and post #5 while I look over your log.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Download THIS program and post the log it creates.

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
i wasnt able to update drivers with DriverMax -> Error 1 - Invalid download file for this device. Please try another driver.

I just tried to update few drivers by myself. (Graphic card, and all motherboard drivers)

This message it wrote for any version of driver for my device.

I used TFC, but cant find log. It's not in directory where i have TFC.

Log from UDI is attached, but unfortunately its in czech language :(

I tried again run Driver verification, and now it seems ok. Running 1 hour without BSOD.(Before it has been running max 10 minutes, after came BSOD) :)

Thank you very much for help

Martin

Attached Files

Edited by Kulisek, 14 December 2011 - 09:44 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
OK if it seems to be runnnig better I will not have you update or change any thing else.Unless you report back with another BSOD.Also TFC will not produce a log. (If it is not broke dont fix it) I will continue to monitor this thread hopefully you will not be back tp report any problems.
:)

EDIT: Just one question though did you complete instructions in post #7 ?

Edited by rockmilk, 14 December 2011 - 03:51 PM.

Kulisek

Kulisek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
yes i made all instructions from 5th and 7th post. Installed all drivers for motherboard and graphic card. I just don't know why DriverMax didn't worked. I had to download and install all drivers manually.

Again thank you very much for help.

Martin

ps: Driver verification still running without BSOD. Now it can be about 7 hours. Then i start thinking its OK :)

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Glad to here all is well :thumbsup: We are here to help but hopefully you wont need to come back.Thanks for the update. :)