Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cursor Mystery - unknown virus

• Please log in to reply

EricShrode

EricShrode

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I use Foxfire - not Explorer - do you still want me to disable all the Microsoft items with NO using xview?

I ran Speccy and Process Explorer - files attached.

Eric

Attached File  ERICSHRODE-PC.txt   401.19KB   114 downloads

Attached File  System Idle Process.txt   7.97KB   112 downloads

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Yes. We are talking about Windows Explorer here not Internet Explorer. Windows Explorer is the program that makes your desktop.

Run Process Explorer again. Make sure you have the big CPU users at the top of the list. Close Firefox and wait 30 seconds for it to settle down then File, Save As, Save. Open the file Procexp.txt on your desktop (overwrite the old one) and copy and paste the text to a reply.

EricShrode

EricShrode

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Another party advised I should run the computer in safe mode to see if it worked well then - it did. I then tried Internet Explorer and the system worked well - I tried it back with Firefox and it did not - so I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it - all seems to be working well now so the problem must have been in Firefox somehow.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Eric