Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3 Users Can Connect to the Internet, 1 Can't

• Please log in to reply

Shillelagh

Shillelagh

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello,

The problem I am having is a strange one but hopefully an easy fix. The family computer has four different user accounts. For some reason one of the accounts no longer can connect to the internet. The other three accounts are working perfectly but the other account says it is connected to the same network but won't work. All of the accounts were made at the same time in 2008 when we purchased the computer.

The only thing change to the computer in the last month or so is the addition of a different router. I don't know why the router would work with the other three accounts but not the fourth one.

The computer is an HP desktop. About 3.5 - 4 years old. Still runs great other than this one annoying problem.

If any other information is needed please let me know so I can help make solving this problem as easy as possible. I'm just trying to help my Mom out so she can check her e-mails and download songs off of iTunes haha :)

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

Delbrugge

Delbrugge

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Since Windows is saying your connection is working I would say that it is a Internet browser problem.

If the account is using Internet Explorer, try checking the connection settings in Tools>Internet options>Connection tab
Then go down to LAN settings and make sure all of the boxes are unchecked.

Shillelagh

Shillelagh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you so much, problem solved!!