Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i remove win.32/cryptor, TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen, and Malware.gen? [

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Hi thhenry, here are instructions for doing the restore point clear again. Make sure you have no symptoms besides slowness before running this.

• Download OTL from here
  • Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [ClearAllRestorePoints]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • Post the log it produces in your next reply.
  • If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log, where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run. Make sure to grab the contents of this file before following the cleanup procedure described next.

You can now remove all the tools that were used to disinfect your computer by running OTL and clicking the CleanUp button.

Advertisements

thhenry

thhenry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
========== COMMANDS ==========
Restore points cleared and new OTL Restore Point set!

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.39.1 log created on 03192012_195930

Hi also it seems like my computer is still quite slow. Especially within the first 5-7 minutes of me turning it on. Is this just because of all the anti virus and protectors running? Is there any way i can have all these protections and still have a fast or atleast decent speed running computer?

thank you

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
Has your computer always been so slow to boot? If not when did it first manifest? On slower computers like yours it can take a while to load all the programs that start with Windows. We can trim the startup entries to make the computer boot faster if you want.

thhenry

thhenry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
yes its always been kinda slow when i booted it. but i think it is much more slower to boot now that all these anti viruses and stuff are installed. yes i would like to trim the startup entries. What does that mean exactly? what will that affect?

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
We can turn off certain programs that boot with Windows in order to speed up the boot time for Windows. This will only impact boot time. You only have 1 GB memory so that will have a large impact on speed too. That could be the reason why things run so slow - these protection programs you installed take up memory and you could be using all of your memory which would significantly slow things down. Let me know if you'd like to trim your startups.

thhenry

thhenry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
yes i would like to trim the start up time.

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
I'll get back to you soon with instructions to trim your startups. Another thing you can do to speed up your boot time is to hibernate instead of shut down your computer. Are you familiar with hibernation?

Crag_Hack

Crag_Hack

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,839 posts
In order to remove startup items we will be using a utility called msconfig. To start it go to the start menu, go to run, type msconfig, and press enter. Then go to the startup tab. All the programs that start with your computer will be listed there. To disable simply uncheck the entry and when done click Apply. Below in my list are the programs that start with Windows on your computer. I will describe each one and you can decide if you want to disable it or not. Also if you disable something and want it back just run msconfig and check the entry this time. Some of the names in msconfig might be different from those below but the commands will be the same. Here they are:

O4 - HKLM..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.)
this is a tray icon for AVG
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\AzMixerSel.exe (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
this is a mixer panel for your audio setup
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [DLBTCATS] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLBTtime.DLL ()
this one should be left alone
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [EgisTecPMMUpdate] C:\Program Files\EgisTec IPS\PmmUpdate.exe (Egis Technology Inc.)
this is an update utility for your Egis software
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [EgisUpdate] C:\Program Files\EgisTec IPS\EgisUpdate.exe (Egis Technology Inc.)
this is an update utility for your Egis software
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe (Intel Corporation)
this is utility to provide notifications regarding your Intel storage drivers (not important)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
this is a program for inputting Japanese characters in office
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [LManager] C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\LManager.exe (Dritek System Inc.)
this program provides support for special keys on your laptop
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [mcui_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe (McAfee, Inc.)
this is related to McAfee (probably won't be present since we uninstalled McAfee)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe ()
this program is for translating Japanese/Chinese in Office
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [mwlDaemon] C:\Program Files\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x86\mwlDaemon.exe (Egis Technology Inc.)
don't mess with this one
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [NACAgentUI] C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco NAC Agent\NACAgentUI.exe (Cisco Systems, Inc.)
or this one
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Norton Online Backup] C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuClient.exe (Symantec Corporation)
this is related to Norton Online Backup
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
this program is for translating Japanese/Chinese in Office
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
same as above
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [S6000Mnt] Rundll32.exe S6000Rmv.dll ,WinMainRmv /StartStillMnt File not found
this is for your webcam and can be disabled if you aren't using it
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SuiteTray] C:\Program Files\EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite\x86\SuiteTray.exe (Egis Technology Inc.)
tray access for Egis software
O4 - Startup: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Acer VCM.lnk = C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer VCM\AcerVCM.exe (Acer Incorporated)
this is software for video conference capability

Let me know if you have any questions.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.