Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

are these units compatiable?

• Please log in to reply

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
i don't think so. unless it was done automatically.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

i don't think so. unless it was done automatically

We will check that later to see if Windows update has installed a driver.

Please go through all the next steps, then post back.

(1)

Go to device manager,

Check the box , show hidden device.If any flags, copy and paste into your next post.

(2)

Have a look at this page, then look in action centre for any information. http://www.vikitech....rotect-computer

Is there any action to take?

I know this is all a pain, tell me when you get to Posted Image

Edited by iammykyl, 14 March 2012 - 06:40 AM.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
i think thats normal...

Attached Thumbnails

• device manager.png

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
In action centre, was there anything listed?

Next steps,

(1) Go Control Panel, > System and Security, > Windows Update, > Change Settings, > Uncheck Recommended Update, and Microsoft Updated. click OK. (you can check on the website every month or so for other optional updates and decide if you want them)
Where possible, I only update a driver from the hardware manufacturers site.

(2) Please read and then print these instructions , http://pcsupport.abo...e-windows-7.htm

(3) Go System Restore, > follow the printed instructions to restore to the closest Point before 2/8/2012,

(4)
  • Open Command Prompt.

Important: You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 7 and Windows Vista to use System File Checker.
  • Once Command Prompt is open, type the following command and then press Enter.
  • sfc /scannow
  • Note: There's a space between sfc and /scannow.
  • System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer.

Note: In some situations, especially in Windows XP and Windows 2000, you may also need access to your original Windows installation CD or DVD.
  • Restart your computer if sfc /scannow did actually repair any files.

Note: System File Checker may or may not prompt you to restart but even if it doesn't, you should restart anyway.
  • Repeat whatever process caused your original problem to see if sfc /scannow corrected the issue.

Edited by iammykyl, 19 March 2012 - 05:14 PM.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
so i just got bsod 2 more times. i think its from my gpu overheating. cause both times today when it happened i was playing dirt and my gpu was reaching 70C

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
70C is hottish but should not cause a crash, even 90C should not do so either.

Go back to Post #40 and run Who Crashed and BlueScreenView.

Please post both logs.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: ALLEN-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8497143808 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1930575872

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 3/18/2012 12:47:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031712-4586-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80002084D40)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800AA59028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Sun 3/18/2012 12:47:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80002084D40)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800AA59028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Thu 3/15/2012 7:11:35 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031512-7737-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800A9F3028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

unknown

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   3.31KB   164 downloads

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
From Post #49,

(1) Did you change Windows Update?

(3) Did you use System Restore?

Edited by iammykyl, 19 March 2012 - 05:29 PM.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
did turn windows update off as instructed in earlier post. didn not do system restore. the sytem restore cd i made isnt working.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi,

I think you created a Recovery CD, which we do not need now. We will use system restore.

Go to the link below, download and if possible print. Use option one to get to system restore then go step #5. Follow the instructions. You need to find a restore point dated on, or just before 2/8/2012

http://www.sevenforu...em-restore.html

If you are not sure about something, post back.

Advertisements

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
i can only do a system restore to 3/15/2012

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
I did give you a wrong date, you had not even build the computer then Posted ImageI may have missed giving you an instruction as well, there should be earlier restore points created as you updated drivers and installed your games.

Read the guide again, it contains these notes.

STEP 8. Note:

Check the

Show more restore points

checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points.

STEP 9.NOTE: This will show you a list of programs and drivers that will be deleted and restored by the selected restore point.

http://www.sevenforu...em-restore.html

See if there is a restore point just after you installed your game, If possible, please post a screenshot.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Attached Thumbnails

• system restore.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Your computer crashed before those restore dates so going beck would not fix the problem.

We will try a repair the system files.

Go to > http://www.sevenforu...le-checker.html Follow the instruction,

Go > Option Two, > Step 1, > Step 2, > Step 4. Run the scan 3 times, then,

Go > Option Three. follow the instructions and when finished, Post the sfcdetails.txt file as an attachment.

ston3wall

ston3wall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
so i niticed that my pc will get a bsod almost every time i get on "Steam"

Attached Files

• Attached File  sfc.txt   1.08KB   198 downloads