Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build, but no video

• Please log in to reply

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry, didn't realize it had no online manual...I've searched online and can't find one. I've taken the entire system apart and bread-boarded it on my table and have played with everything and still BIOS lcd shows FF, which means all is good and yet no video. Could the type of video input affect this? I've used VGA monitors all my life and this board has no VGA input, so I'm using a VGA-DVI adaptor. I'm taking the system in to my local repair shop and have them see what's wrong, don't really want to spend the money on that, but have no choice :-(

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be a faulty adapter possibly.
Might be a faulty motherboard connection for the video.

Daniel Forte

Daniel Forte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After I reseated everything and still no video, I decided to use my bigscreen tv and hooked up the HDMI input and it works!!! Now I guess I have to go buy an HDMI monitor. Thanks guys for all your help and input, it was much appreciated.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not so much a HDMI monitor but does your motherboard have a digital connection for the monitor? Just get a newer LCD flat screen and it will have both the Analog and Digital connections on it for the most part. You can then use the direct digital cable included with the monitor.
With that being said the only decision is how big and how much do you want to spend. :lol: :whistling:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,788 posts

With that being said the only decision is how big and how much do you want to spend. :lol: :whistling:

Ah if only the UK had Newegg :upset:

I am pleased to see that you have made progress, not sure where in the world you are Daniel but I found a decent buy here in the UK http://www.dabs.com/...7NPZ.html?src=2