Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager Event ID: 1057: The relevant

• Please log in to reply

delar

delar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The computer is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition version 6.1 Build 7601 service pack 1. The computer is not in a domain environment. I believe this may be a security issue however I completed an in-place windows 7 upgrade to try and fix the problem but after all of the windows updates, etc the error remains and appears every time the computer is rebooted...

I could use some help with the following error:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager
Event ID: 1057
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
The Terminal Server has failed to create a new self signed certificate to be used for Terminal Server authentication on SSL connections. The relevant status code was Object already exists.

Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager"
Guid="{C76BAA63-AE81-421C-B425-340B4B24157F}"
EventSourceName="TermService"

I found {C76BAA63-AE81-421C-B425-340B4B24157F} in my registry in the:

HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> WINEVT -> Channels -> Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Admin -> OwningPublisher

HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> WINEVT -> Channels -> Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Analytic -> OwningPublisher

HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> WINEVT -> Channels -> Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Debug -> OwningPublisher

HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> WINEVT -> Channels -> Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Operational -> OwningPublisher

Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager
%SystemRoot%\system32\termsrv.dll

When I open as administrator a command prompt window and enter the follow: regsvr32 termsrv.dll

I get the following message:

RegSvr32

The module termsrv.dll was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that termsrv.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Not sure if this is a problem or if this behavior is expected...

I ran sfc /scannow and check disk on the hard drive with both reporting no errors.

I updated the security profile for:

[Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Security]

In the right pane, double click "Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections", in the security layer list, select RDP.

I modified the policy and there was no change in computer behavior. The error still appears each time the computer is reboot.

===

I found a semi-related webpage that at least lists the same Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager and 1057. However I'm running Windows 7 64-bit edition and I seriously doubt I have a lack of available memory issue.

Event ID 1057 - Terminal Services Authentication and Encryption
http://technet.micro...2(v=ws.10).aspx

Physical Memory (MB)
Total 24567
Cached 6337
Available 21821
Free 15709

The relevant status code says that the "Object already exists" which I think is far more relevant then some memory issue. Do I have to delete some file or registry entry? Or is it a security issue?

Google search have come up with nothing. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi delar ... :wave: ..:welcome:

click on start...type msconfig in the search box...select msconfig.exe from the results above
click on startup tab...get a screenshot and post it for us

delar

delar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Here are my three startup images: Startup01.jpg, Startup02.jpg and Startup03.jpg. I had to scroll down to get them all and I wasn't sure if you wanted me to include the disabled ones or not so I just included them all.

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• Startup01.jpg
  • Startup02.jpg
  • Startup03.jpg

delar

delar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I rebooted the computer with a clean windows boot:

msconfig

In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup on the General tab.

Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Note The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.
Click the Services tab.
Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
Click Disable All, and then click OK.
When you are prompted, click Restart.

Still have the error on computer reboots.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
uncheck everything except AVG and windows operating system (in the second screenshot)...reboot and you will have a small popup window saying you changed the way windows starts yada-yada...put a tick in the box that says don't show this again...

I will be gone for awhile...back about 4 this afternoon pacific time

delar

delar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

uncheck everything except AVG and windows operating system (in the second screenshot)...reboot and you will have a small popup window saying you changed the way windows starts yada-yada...put a tick in the box that says don't show this again...

I will be gone for awhile...back about 4 this afternoon pacific time

I rebooted the computer with a clean windows boot, still have the error on computer reboots.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are you wanting to control another computer from your system or be controlled...

you have posted in several other forums for the same problem and they have already given you the same "fixes" to try as I would have...

it comes down to this...
a problem with Service: Remote Desktop Configuration

This monitor returns the CPU and memory usage of the Remote Desktop Configuration service. Remote Desktop Configuration Service (RDCS) is responsible for all Remote Desktop Services and Remote Desktop related configuration and session maintenance activities that require system context. These include per-session temporary folders, Remote Desktop themes, and Remote Desktop certificates.