Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsod help me please

• Please log in to reply

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
so mem test i should run both sticks right

Advertisements

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
so mem test i should run both sticks right

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am confused by your question
I thought you told my colleague you had already run memtest

i ran test had repair some windows files my memory test had no errors

because you replied with this, as above

AND I asked on my post 12 to which test, the repair some windows files referred.?

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
i did i thought u wanted me to rerun it he had me run it early on

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please follow my suggestion in my long post.

Test the ram by the removal of one stick, consult you motherboard manual as to which slot MUST be left populated.

If it still crashes change the sticks over., so that the one you have removed FIRST is now IN and the one that you originally left in is taken OUT.

If it does NOT crash with the one in originally, then change them anyway and see if it then crashes.

In otherwords test both sticks separately.

All the information you need is on my post

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK good and bad. Bad because we now are dealing with a program or hardware causing the issue.
Good that it is not the Windows file system causing the issue.
Go ahead and try Macboatmasters suggestion.

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
todays bsod

On Mon 5/7/2012 8:01:13 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-22994-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC80)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x15FAA, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 5/7/2012 8:01:13 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x15FAA, 0x0, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 5/7/2012 7:39:41 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-31122-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0xB1FA4)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF880618153BF, 0x8, 0xFFFFF880618153BF, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Mon 5/7/2012 7:31:50 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-32417-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x3D, 0x2, 0x8, 0x3D)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 5/7/2012 4:05:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050612-27424-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x292A1, 0x0, 0x0)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
one error shows

atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Most likely the video driver is what is causing this.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
With respect, to you John Lauhoff

unless you do as I am asking there is little point in me posting.

My opinion is still the same and my colleague has asked you to follow the advice.

TEST the ram, ONE stick at a time.

I agree with the error reports suggestion that the suspect is NOT usually RAM, but with ALL the error reports added together - the first and most sensible precaution is to TEST the ram, as I have outlined.

Then when you have done that IF it still crashes you need the 11.11 driver from AMD for that Gigabyte graphics card and I already have it ready for you with the complete instructions from AMD

There is also the possibility that there may be a problem with DirectX, but as with the possibilities that it is the graphics driver, other drivers, your use of the undesirable programs mentioned you by our colleague in Malware, the make it go faster utilities, it is IMHO vital to eliminate the ram FIRST

AND as you have already run memtest, you should ESPECIALLY as you have ONLY two sticks, use the physical test.
With two sticks it is simple.
You take one out and test. If it crashes you replace the one that is in with the one you took out.

If it does NOT crash after the first removal, you swop them any way to see if it then crashes with the other stick.

The results are usually but not always conclusive.

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
okay i tested my first stick of ram i ran a demo on steam the program crashed a few times but received a diff bsod and i rebooted i had some startup unchecked rebooted after i re checked my startup options ran without bsod the crash report for first one is below

On Mon 5/7/2012 10:43:30 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-22900-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0xC001)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xD, 0x8, 0xD)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

the second crashed to bsod not few minutes after demo was playing ill post the crash report below

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-24866-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800030CFDA1, 0xFFFFF88009A25240, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Tue 5/8/2012 1:31:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800030CFDA1, 0xFFFFF88009A25240, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Advertisements

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
k got a crash after awhile of running things got a report this the one that was running better so it seemed

On Tue 5/8/2012 2:26:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050712-25287-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x55, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800030EB90D)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the first error indicates a issue with DirectX as Macboatmaster thought. I will allow him to address that issue first. :thumbsup:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I appreciate that your first language is not English and I have to say that you are doing very well, HOWEVER could you clarify for me that I have it correct

ONE stick of ram did not crash, after you had changed startup items, is that correct please

The other stick crashed immediately is that correct please.

ALSO is this the same problem, in otherwords the crashes, as you had early last year and if so, has it never been solved since early 2011.

If it is the same problem, when was the system built please and has it ALWAYS crashed when playing games or making heavy demand on the graphics and/or ram.

WHAT please do you have connected to the computer besides your monitor keyboard and mouse.

Please list ALL

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I appreciate that you enjoy pointing out grammar problems on here kinda pointless its a forum not an essay if u cant understand me refer me to someone else seems forums are full of people that try to prove their intelligence and waste time i havehad no problems communicating with the other very helpful tech and mods and have had a very positive attitude till now so with that behind me can we get on with this

point being i sent crash reports on both ram stick crashes above

the PC was built beginning of last year never really do a lot of gaming as i worked out of town most that year

but to answer the question it did not always crash but was rarely used by me so hard to say

i have a logitech wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, xbox controller and speakers

i appreciate all your help you tell me what to do and ill do my best to explain what i have done or what u need to do thank you

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
There is no need for that reply, if you misunderstood, what I was saying, I apologise, it may be my fault, for not explaining in more detail.

I complimented you on your use of English and simply asked you to confirm that it still crashed with either stick in.

That was the conclusion I came to, but I just wanted to be certain, before we proceeded.

The reason I asked about the time element of these problems is that on 12 February 2011 you posted, I believe the same problem on another site, and it may be that the ram which, is not, in that exact configuration, I believe, on the tested ram list for that motherboard, is the cause of the crash.

It is a well recognised fact that memory although it does not show errors, when tested with a diagnostic such as Memtest, may simply not be suitable to a system when taken as a whole with other components.

Sometimes memory errors show up due to component incompatibility. A memory module may work fine in one system and not in another. This is not uncommon and is a source of confusion. In these situations the components are not necessarily bad but have marginal conditions that when combined with other components will cause errors.

What I would so is go start (windows button) and type IN SEARCH BOX
dxdiag
when that appears above, right click and click run as admin
Wait for it to load and then check the small box - check for whql digital signatures

Then click the Help button and that will open another window telling you what you need to check on the diagnostics.

Please look at the link on help regarding hardware acceleration.