Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio BSOD Locale ID: 2057 - Minidump Included

• Please log in to reply

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,
My laptop is persistently crashing; either through freezing where I have to hold the power button to turn it off (it reboots automatically), occasionally through BSOD or through just going black and restarting. It's getting incredibly annoying and any help would be appreciated, as my OEM partition was removed on a clean install of Windows 7, and the internet where I'm residing for the next 3 months is so slow it's painful to download an iso of the installation disk. I can replicate the resets just by moving the laptop, it happens when plugged into AC or just running off battery. However the replication is not consistent, sometimes it doesn't do it at all while moving and freezes just sat there, other times just moving it through typing it causes the crash.
Disk Checks and Memory Checks came up clean. No errors. Nout.
System Event viewer came out with Session '"Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D' to explain the crashes, I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials and deleted the file associated with this, but that hasn't prevented it.

The BSOD message upon restart is as follows;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFF8A080A5D
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF9600014ADEB
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

System Specs and Minidump are attached, any light to be shed on this would be helpful.
EDIT: Apparently I don't have permission to upload .dmp files, so i'm unable to upload that.

Thanks

Edited by Caljif, 16 June 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Advertisements

Caljif

Caljif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Attached File  DxDiag.txt   29.11KB   160 downloads

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Please upload your minidump files to http://www.filedropper.com/ and send me the link.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,778 posts
rockmilk

If I may make a suggestion to the OP regarding the upload.

Caljif

Have you checked your upload settings, go into My Settings at the top of the page then in Settings go to Manage Attachments, have you been able to upload data previously.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
@ Phill :thumbsup:

Caljif

Caljif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Still doesn't like it, doesn't like zipped files either.
Here's the link :) http://www.filedropp...061612-13260-01

Edited by Caljif, 16 June 2012 - 03:29 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Disable Ahci Mode in your bios.This link should explain enough how to disable it.
http://www.mydigital...e-on-ahci-mode/

Then please do the following.Open Elevated Command Prompt Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Then type or copy and paste the following. CHKDSK /R Reply Y when asked if you want this to happen on the next boot.Now Type Exit and Reboot your machine.

Caljif

Caljif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Sorry for the slow reply, however I've fixed the problem.
I ran the .ISO from inside Windows (mounting with Daemon Tools Lite) which allowed me to reinstall windows (Actually didn't fix the problem).
From there I presumed It was a hardware fault and opened it up. Turns out one of the ram cards had somehow become dislodged slightly and had dirt on the pins. Funny how these things manage to move without being dropped.
Thanks for all your help anyway :)
Caljif

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Thanks for the Feedback and good job on fixing your issue. :thumbsup: