Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gdiplus.dll issues but think it is more than this [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Magnolia2

Magnolia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
My computer did come with the Windows XP Pro Installation disc however my daughter inadvertently packed it with her computer stuff when she put her things in storage to move to Dubai. She is a flight attendant for the UEA airline. Are we at a stand still until I get a replacement ...???

Also, what does this mean: "Found non-standard or infected MBR." ... at the end of the report.

Edited by Magnolia2, 25 June 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Yes, of course. I will be away from June 29 to July 3 but usually I'm available on-line every day.

But it has to be Windows XP setup CD not recovery CD.

Magnolia2

Magnolia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
OK... I will see if her husband can dig in storage and find it and I will continue to look here and will reply to this thread as soon as I find it. If you go on vacation before I then, I will attempt the restore from what you have already posted and will report back here.

Thank you for your help and have a nice trip (or whatever you are doing :-] )

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. Thank you.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Are you still in need of assistance?

Magnolia2

Magnolia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I do need assistance but not sure anyone here can help.

I received a new installation disk from the company and I tried a repair install OVER the current XP. Didn't help. I found a Memory Test program, followed the instructions (MemTest86-4.0A) and the memory passed.

I either need to reformat my hard drive and do a new complete install, which I am resisting at the moment, OR find a programer proficient in C++ to write a new entry point for the Gdiplus.dll

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
I recommend you to contact Corel as this is problem with their application and has nothing to do with OS and/or malware.

Magnolia2

Magnolia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I did already.... several weeks ago. The response I received:

> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:00:29 +0000
> From: [email protected]
> To: sherry <snipped>
> Subject: RE: Case 01309163 - ref:_00D60Jqva._50060JOIPD:ref
>
> Hi Sherry,
>
>
> I hate to tell you this but this looks more like a system issue rather than a PaintShop Pro issue. You are correct in your research that the gdiplus.dll is a Microsoft module that our program communicates with when PaintShop Pro is running. If it cannot communicate with that module properly, then it is either damaged or broken. Because the file is not registering in your system, there is other damaged files as well. I would recommend consulting the computer manufacturer if your system is still under warranty. Because you stated it is an XP system, I do not think that it will be. If not, I would recommend contacting a PC technician to resolve this issue I am afraid. This is definitely a Windows issue that we would not be able to fix.
>
> Please let us know how you make out with this because I would very much like to hear that things went well.
>
>
> Paul

OK... Thank you for your help.

Sherry

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Repair install should repaired all dlls including this gdiplus.dll file. So if you've successfully applied repair procedure that file should be good. I still think that some of font files are corrupted.

I either need to reformat my hard drive and do a new complete install

I think this is a good and fastest way to resolve that issue.

OR find a programer proficient in C++ to write a new entry point for the Gdiplus.dll

:thumbsup:

Magnolia2

Magnolia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I keep checking the font file and have no more corrupted files. IE 8 will not open either but I use FF so that isn't a big deal. I don't know any programmers and I will not dare touch the code myself.

Yes, reformatting is the answer, just have to move all the files I want to keep to an external HD. I have 2 small ones but I need to buy one big one and clean everything off.

Again... I thank you and I guess we are done. Hope this thread helps someone else.

Sherry

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.