Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) Startup Repair Loop

• Please log in to reply

tomhwang

tomhwang

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As the title says, I'm having an issue where I can't seem to get to my desktop, instead always leads me to the startup repair option.

This happened 6AM while I was watching a tv show on a website. It suddenly restarted on its own, so I let it and just went to sleep thinking that it wouldn't be a problem.

I've tried many different things, all day, trying to fix it but hasn't gotten me anywhere thus far.

Please help!

I have a Win7 Installer w/SP1 installed into my USB drive. Tried doing a system repair through my USB, took a lot longer but still gave me the same results.
Tried SFC /SCANNOW, CHKDSK, and many other different routes but they all lead to the same screen.

I read another forum with the poster having the same problem and had it fixed, so please help!!

If I have to reformat to factory settings, I woulnd't mind if only there was a way to get all of my files into my external.

DELL XPS 1645 LAPTOP
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64BIT

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See here: How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows