Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMI Provider host causing high CPU usage in 1 core

• Please log in to reply

h2ojunkie

h2ojunkie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Started about a day or two ago. Core one would fluctuate from normal idle levels and peak around 75%. The frequency would be peaking about every 3 seconds. Now today I have seen a constant ~75% usage on core 1. Please see the attached shot of the resource monitor. Let me know what else is needed.

Attached Thumbnails

• WMI Provider.jpg

Advertisements

h2ojunkie

h2ojunkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I restarted my CPU monitoring gadget and network meter and I am back to normal operating utilization.

mikeperez0110

mikeperez0110

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You can optimise it by either restarting your device or checking system for malware.

This answer from Microsoft might be helpful too. You can always look at alternative solutions to fix it if they don't work for you.