Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Symantec Ghost 9.0 - Boot CD ?

• Please log in to reply

archie_japan

archie_japan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All,

I am on a working holiday in Japan at the moment, and I want to image my HDD to a recently purchased USB HDD

I have Norton SystemWorks Premier installed on my notebook, but I can't see any options to create a bootable CD or bootable floppy disk which will enable me to boot into DOS and:

a) run ghost.exe

b) load the drivers to enable me to see my USB HDD in DOS

Can someone please help me out ? Thank-you

Cheers,
Archie

:tazz:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried reading this? :tazz:

Ghost Online Tutorial

Ron

archie_japan

archie_japan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
;)

Yeah, i read it. But Norton Ghost 9.0 doesn't have this option/functionality

Can you &^%*@#$ believe that ???

Do I really need to buy an OLDER version of my software to make a recovery disk? Someone please tell me that i'm missing something

Thanks anyway dude

Arch.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I agree! Don't know how much you paid for the software, but not being able to use it the way you wanted was too much.

Don't know if this will be much help either but see if you can get a boot disk here for what you want :

BootDisks - PC Support - Essential Utilities

Don't know if they have any free stuff as I didn't go through a lot of their site.

Ron

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I've don't know much about Norton Ghost Image. I've used True Acronis and it works great. All you have to do is put the CD into the Drive and go from there. it's very easy to use and very ser friendly. Maybe you should think about switching. "wink"

archie_japan

archie_japan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am in discussion with Acronis True Image and their "professionals" at the moment. There software was fantastic and easy, up until the point where i tried to restore a file from an image which was on my external USB HDD

Buuzzzzzz .... FAILED !!!

Looks like I am stuck between a rock and hard place (or one [bleep] software vendor and another [bleep] software vendor)

*sigh*

Thanks for your comments though. Much appreciated. And please ignore my ranting....I am just fed up with things at the moment

Cheers,
Arch

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You don't make a CD that you can boot from! You insert the disk that you brought Ghost on and boot from that. It works for me, I did it last night so I would know how to do it when my computer crashers, which at this stage seem likly. :tazz:

forkart

forkart

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You may make bootable CD for boot system into DOS with MagicISO rather than GHOST host.

http://www.magiciso....bootable-cd.htm