Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder?

• Please log in to reply

franknruthi

franknruthi

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is on automatic startup in my system configuration. I am using windows 7 and all my audio is routed to my Tascam us 1800 interface via USB, is Windows Audio Endpoint Builder necessary?

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Although your TASCAM interface is USB, it is still an audio device, and is thus dependent on the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. Endpoints are anywhere audio begins or ends - speakers, microphones, USB audio interfaces, etc, and the Endpoint Builder detects all the endpoints and nicely organizes them for the Windows Audio service. Without the endpoints built, Windows Audio service doesn't know where to get sound from and where to send sound, so sound just doesn't work.

You will need to leave Windows Audio Endpoint Builder enabled for your audio to route properly.