Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus disabled start up, malware, and antivirus. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Hi mawmaw,

I am very sorry about the delay, I was having some internet issues this weekend and it has finally been taken care of! If you haven't yet taken care of your Internet Explorer issue - I would be more than happy to work out the problem with you. Just let me know :). On case you haven't fixed it yet, you can give this a shot!

Let's try to re-install internet explorer!

Please go to Microsoft and download Internet Explorer 9. On the main page, at the top you will see Download Internet Explorer 9 click on it and following the download will begin. Once it is downloaded run the file and install Internet Explorer. Once it is installed, reboot your computer and test out internet explorer. Please let me know how it is working at this point!

Thanks
Cruise

Advertisements

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I tried that already about 3 weeks ago and when I tried to install it it said I already had a newer version on my system. I will try again, just to make sure.

I searched for the iexplore.exe and looked in the properties and it says it is version 9.0.8112.16450. Also says the file has 731 kb. Seems small for internet. I would like to just delete that version and reinstall but since it isn't in my add remove programs I'm afraid I would delete something I'm not supposed to.

Edited by mawmaw, 13 November 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Hi there,

These instructions should help you uninstall IE. Here

Let me know!
Cruise

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I uninstalled and reinstalled ie9. still no icon to get on the net. searched for the program and clicked on it and got the message again internet explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Do I need a internet explore 8 on here for 9 to work?

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Hi Mawmaw,

Let's uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and see if IE 8 will work any better. When we uninstall IE9, IE8 should automatically be able to be used.

• Open up the Control Panel
  • Click on "Programs and Features"
  • Click on "View Installed Updates" in the left pane
  • Right-click on "Windows Internet Explorer 9"
  • Select "Uninstall"
  • Restart your computer when prompted
  • When it boots back up, it should be running IE8.

Now run internet explorer and let me know how this works out!
Cruise

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
It is working!!! yes!. Thanks for everything!

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Glad we could help! Is there anything else we can help you with?

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
No thank you, I belive it is running better than ever. You have been very helpful. Thanks again :thumbsup:

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.